Chapter 3

I was hesitant to stand up but my dumb bladder Benjamin's presence next to me. I could sense that his gaze was trained on me.

"I know you're awake."

Of cource he knew that.

Its either I practice karate in my sleep or he threw the blankets to the floor.

I sat, with back my faced to him and stretched the living hell hell out of my arms whilst a barely audible yawn filler the room.

I ignored his gaze and padded inside the bathroom, stripped and got in the shower.

I let the warm beads of water calm my aching limps as I hum to a tune that randomly popped in my mind.

Once I'm satisfied with how clean I was, I step carefully step out the shower making sure to not slip and fall.

Clumsiness might be my middle name, but it doesn't mean that I'm proud of it.

Did there, done that. Worse experience I've ever had, not to be repeated again.

I haven't been in the shower for too long but the heat created by the warm water had managed to fog the mirror.

I hurriedly wrap myself my frame with a bright beige towel as the morning breeeze thats coming through the window aas making me shiver uncontrollably.

After successfully drying off  and detangled my longer than I should off, I finally walked out of the bathroom.

I didn't breathe, blink or move. For what graced my eyes was beyond what man are allowed to see.

He was standing in the middle of the room, with his pants hanging dangerously below his V line.

I could feel his scrutinizing gaze on me, but I wasn't fazed by that. I continued to stare, shamelessly.

There's no harm in looking right? Damn.

"I would much appreciate if you could quit staring at me Dandelion." His thick scottish accent slammed me back to reality.

It wasn't meant to be like this. He was supposed to love me, be with me till eternity. Through sicknes and in health. Not show me how displeased he is with me every chance he gets.

"My family will be arriving soon , including Alexis and the kids." His tone, grey as the bedrooms walls. Neutral and plain.
His brooding form stood infront of the massive window, clearly finding the view of the estate more appealing than to look at me.

I lazily walked to my closet. I decided to settle for a polkadot summer dress society will lable as too short, a yellow head band to match the dots and slides.

I hurriedly walked out the door, not wanting to be in the same room as him any longer.

The staff was no where in sight. He only allowed them to work during the weekdays . Today was Saturday. Sadly, that rule only applied to the house help, his men were casually scanning the perimeter as per usual.

Once I satisfied with the distance I had walked, I dropped toy knees, groaning as I felt the the perfectly trimmed grass prickle my skin.

I let out a sigh. Life is tiring. My life is.

Anyone will think that growing up with wealthy parents was everything one will ever need. It wasn't.

I've lived a comfortable life since rhe very day I walked this earth. My future was secured without even having to work a single day.

My parents wealth made them believe that living a lavish life, purchasing the finest, most expensive things money can buy was enough to make a little girls soul happy. It wasn't, not in the slightest bit. They were hardly around.