Chapter 1

"Woohoo." A voice called like a breeze in the wind. It wasn't any surprise that one would want a small escape from the life of living in a palace from time to time, especially when you're the heir to the Kingdom of Endtopia. Despite the sparring matches with his father and behavior lessons from his mother, nothing could take away Prince Julius' free spirit. As an Admin his age, he took to using his powers for quite odd measures, yes to help his people but also to spoil himself when he felt he needed it. So he'd take time to fly around with his dragon wings formed of energy, shooting through the air and basking in the freedom of flight. Shape-shifting was a perk too, changing into different animals, changing his appearance to what he'd see fit. Besides it's a nice break from life, especially with the tension between his home and the enemy Kingdom, The Oasis. Thinking about how inheriting the kingdom possibly ment continuing the war, little did he know, things wouldn't really go that way.

Finally, coming to sunset, Julius was playing his violin as the stream of orange red spread across the sky. Taking note that he'd been gone for a while, he decided to head home, but taking the scenic route and flying rather than teleporting. To him, it was always fun to feel the wind in his hair. It took some time before the Kingdom of Endtopia came into view, the palace towered over most of the kingdom, a beacon guiding him. He made himself invisible to the human eye as he hovered through the town. The streets smelt of fresh pastries and spices. The market place was filled with merchants selling products to the townsfolk, it wasn't much but they had to make profit, besides it was always a struggle just to live peacefully doing business when you have to close shop and hide when attacked. This thought turned the crowned prince's head to his father's colosseum. Once it was a place of entertainment, circuses would come to entertain and bring joy to the children. He remembered fondly how he would watch the circus as a child. Sitting on his mother's lap while she took her place with his father and two sisters in the royal platform. He'd sit there with stars in his eyes and watch the performers jump about, colours and fire everywhere, lighting up the area, oh how he loved it. Then the war broke out and things changed, the colosseum became an arena where recruits were found for the army, Knight's trained there and fought there. Many of his father's monsters inhabited the dungeons as trials for those who would prove worthy of joining. Julius sighed at how much things have changed, all due to this feud.

Once he arrived home, he flew to the window of his room. Sitting on his bed he breathed for a moment and looked at himself in the mirror. He stood up once again to approach it and breathed a sigh again. "Better neaten this out before anyone asks." He says to himself as he snaps his fingers, neatening his messy hair and dressing himself up in his royal attire. Just as he began to admire himself, a knock sounded from his door.

"Your highness?" A palace attendants' voice called from the other end of the door.

"Yes?"

"Your parents are looking for you, they're at the dinning table."

"Thank you, I'll be there." He responded, hearing her scurrying away.

Julius made his way through the hall, passing portraits of his family ancestors. Many generations had there been different heirs to the throne, but he was the first Admin heir. Due to this he was the most powerful child born into the family. He stopped at a family portrait of himself when he was only a small infant, no less than a month old. He looked at his beady little eyes as the younger him was held in his mother's arms. Queen Aneesah seemed so well defined as always, hard to imagine she was more carefree in her younger days. Something must have clicked upon the arrival of his father Romeo, who too seemed to hold himself like a king in the portrait. The biggest question is how the painter convinced a pair of little girls to hold a regal pose as well. Julius looked at the child depictions of his two older twin sisters, Asha and Endria. The two looked identical, hair, dress shape, everything.

Julius sighed, missing them, though they could be teases at times things weren't much the same when his sisters went off, one married to a prince in another kingdom while the other served as her right hand lady. Nonetheless he walked off, just about hearing his parents' voices. "I'm just saying I'm not sure if I want to get him involved in this yet, especially not under this kind of circumstance." "Romeo, If we don't do something about this it could be too late." Spoke Romeo and Aneesah respectively as their son walked over to his seat at the dinner table.  "Mom, Dad." He greeted them as he sat down. "Julius, Welcome home." His mother responds with a smile before returning her attention to her husband. "Besides, I've had the letter sent already." Romeo scoffed "What make's you think she'll listen?" "Humor me." Julius could only assume they were talking about the war, now he'd wish he'd stayed outside. It was a misery how many lives were lost. Parents, siblings, children, friends, so many people have suffered defending their homeland and in raids. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't tired of it, after all, the war would lead to the destruction of various crops, farms, water systems. In the long run those didn't die from the war would die of famine, the world would have at least three of the four horseman of apocalypse. Maybe he's getting ahead of himself. "So, Julius, what have you been up to today?" Romeo asked from his end of the table. Julius finished chewing some of his stew before responding. "Not much, I went past the colosseum today."

"Oh?" Aneesah's attention was raised, "You did?"

"Yes, I did indeed. It reminds me of the days of the circus. Where the was mostly peace, everyone was happy. " Julius felt a smile forming on his face, as the memories came back before his attention was returned to his plate. "I miss those days, you know?" Julius continued "Before the war, maybe sometime it could happen again, the sooner it's over with the better."

"I'm glad you think so." Aneesah said rather pleased, "Because your father has something to say to you." Romeo looked at his wife with a loss for words. Surely she didn't want HIM to break the news. But she returned a dead eye stare as he looked at her, glancing at his son didn't exactly help because while he was paying more attention to his food, Julius gave Romeo a side look, waiting to hear what he had to say. He sighed in defeat. "Julius, you're aware that our kingdom is currently at war with The Oasis, right? Ruled by Queen Xara?" With a hum and nod of his head, Julius returned his gaze to the remains on his plate, cleaning it up. "Well, it has recently been brought to attention that she has a daughter close to your age, with this there is a resolve for the war to end." Julius once again looked from his empty plate to his father, now curious. "A union, between you and Xara's daughter..." "Hmm." The brown haired prince shrugged. "Sounds simple enough." He says taking a sip from his drink, unprepared for the next two words. "...by marrige."

The shock didn't have time to settle in as Julius drink sprayed from his lips. And while there was no food caught in the crossfire, one of the palace guards, Val, had to dodge to just barely avoid the projectiles liquid. "Um, bless you... sire?" She said, trying to keep a composure has she turn to her queen with a letter while the prince coughed, trying to breath from his misshap. "Your majesty, this just arrived earlier today." "Thank you Val." Aneesah said, opening the letter as Val bowed and walked off.

Julius turned to his father in a rather frenzied state "Dad, you can't be serious."

"Oi, don't look at me" Romeo said with his hands up, motioning to the other end of the table. "This was your mother's idea"

"Mum, you can't be serious..." Julius turned to his mother who was busy reading the letter.

"If I have to give you the 'It's for our people' speech I will." She said, not taking her attention off the words on the page.

"But to marry someone I never even met?" His face was scrunched up as his mother raised a hand to indicate she was busy reading. Julius looked at his father, flabbergasted and gestured to Aneesah. Romeo just shrugged with the same confused expression. "There's got to be another way, right?" He asked his father, who just sighed and shook his head sideways. "I've tried, I know you don't want to do this but we're out of options." Julius could not believe this "I mean, I'll do it for the kingdom, I just won't like it."

"That's good, because Xara's accepted the idea." Aneesah's words seemed to surprise her king, who happened to forget how she has such a way with words.

Wow, this was a Rollercoaster of writing, some changes might occur like the story title, It's just a fill in for now but let me know what you guys think