Chapter 2

The next few days were spent in preparation for the arrival of The Oasis' ruler and heir. The palace attendants had been cleaning the guest rooms, scrubbing the floors, washing the windows, making the beds and putting flowers in each room. Aneesah and Romeo always checked on them regularly to make sure they were using their best sheets, pillows and duvets as well as make sure the Palace Chefs would provide the best meals and enough for everyone. Normally the kitchen attendants would just have to make sure meals are on time but when a member of the royal family would personally check their progress, it was enough to make even the head chef nervous. Julius on the other hand didn't take kindly to the preperations as there was another downside to this whole ordeal, his days out in the open. Without a few moments to himself he seemed a lot more stressed than usual, once he had at least a day or two away from the palace but now it was nonstop duties. The only time he'd ever get to himself anymore was in the night when he had to sleep, even so it made him dread the next morning. A cycle of getting up early, having breakfast, taking the same route through the palace as to show their guests around and rehearse his lines, fitting sessions, having lunch, violin sessions, sparring sessions and finally having dinner. Even though it would change soon enough once Queen Xara and her daughter arrived but even so it felt tiresome. 

The people of Endtopia were not too happy with the news either. No one could blame them honestly, what with the Oasis' army being the reason why they have lost many friends and loved ones. They almost caused an uproar had it not been for a small display of the king's powers. Even though he'd only use them to repair and aid the Kingdom, Romeo's Admin powers were not a threat to be taken lightly and his Admin form itself was relatively terrifying to those who have witnessed it. Many still wonder what force lies within the golden orbs under bloodshot red sclera. Once everyone took note that the royal family was serious they did their best to adhere to their requests to treat the Knight's and Royal family of The Oasis not as enemies or outsiders, but as guests. If it meant there would finally be peace, they'd try to achieve so. But that didn't mean they would let their guard down.

Soon enough the day had arrive when they would be at the palace gates. Julius walked around in his room, pacing back and forth. He was all dressed in his best attire, usually for special occasions like this. He was still relatively upset with this but he was constantly trying to convince himself it was the right thing to do. If he didn't go through with this then the war would continue, the last thing he'd ever think about is letting everyone down. It's not exactly the best when the responsibility of more or less a million lives would soon fall on his shoulders. They were counting on him, his people and his parents. Romeo sat on the bed with his sword holster in his hands, he never really used it considering his ability to summon objects but it made him ponder a bit. Would this work, or would he have to be ready to defend his family along with their Kingdom? He watched his son walk up and down, causing his mind find itself back to reality.

"Julius, could you... stop pacing?" He asked the prince, who couldn't exactly control his little habit.

"I can't help it dad, I pace when I'm nervous."

"I believe so" he says. "Your mother does the same thing." In fact while Julius was indeed his son, many traits taken fom him including the facial structure, it was clear that Julius mostly took after his mother, from the nervous pacing to the likenesses. Speaking of which, Aneesah walked in with a tray in her hands, three cups of tea were balanced on it, each with a different taste. She supposedly took it from one of the maids as she walked by. "I figured this might make you two a bit more comfortable." She said, walking to her husband who released a breath. "Darling, what would I do without you?" He says as he takes his cup. "You look quite lovely by the way." Of course she had to look her best, first impressions were everything. She just blushed lightly with a "Thank you Dear" as she moved over to Julius for him to take his own tea. "Thanks mom." He said before sipping carefully not to burn his tongue. The sweet taste of Jasmine tea calmed his nerves as the flowery aroma filled his nostrils. Aneesah sat by the window sill with her cup in her hands. "I know this isn't ideal for either of you, but if you two need to talk about anything, I'm all eared." She said. " And I hope I don't need to ask the two of you to be on your best behavior." The two men chuckled  at her comment, one more than the other. "You won't mom." Aneesah smiled at her boys, while they did give her grief from time to time she couldn't deny that she felt blessed to have a family like this, a loving husband who plays a large role in his family, it was all she could ever ask for. They spent a moment in silence before Julius spoke again. "Mom..." his voice sounds so worried. "This union of peace... will it actually work?" She couldn't blame him for thinking this. She herself knew the bitter rivalry between Romeo and Xara would be difficult to put aside but she had to have confidence that all would be well. Even so, that didn't mean she wasn't worried as well, "Honestly son, for the sake of our people..." her voice trails off as she looks out the window. "...it has to." An unsuspecting knock sounded from behind the door, catching the royal family's attention. Romeo finished his tea and placed his cup on the tray, assuming it was another maid. "Enter." His son said, considering it was his room. Once the person entered, instead of it being a maid, it was another guard. "Your highness..." Soup's voice sounded like she had been running for a while. It was understandable considering she was stationed at the gate today, "...they're here."

Romeo gave the word to open the gates for his 'guests' to enter. He stood as calmly as he could, but anyone who looked at his face could tell he wasn't looking forward to this little meeting. Besides he knew Xara better than anyone there, there was almost a guarantee that she wouldn't be too joyful to see him in person either. Julius sighed and rolled his eyes off to the side, not too excited either. Having to share a future Kingdom with someone he didn't even know, especially when it was someone from an enemy's side. He definitely was not looking forward to this. Aneesah cast a sour look to her left at the prince's childish behavior. She understood why but this was not the time to seem careless. While she was unsure about the outcome of the situation, she prayed to whatever higher being that her son and husband would not step out of line, for the betterment of Endtopia.

 While she was unsure about the outcome of the situation, she prayed to whatever higher being that her son and husband would not step out of line, for the betterment of Endtopia

The doors to the palace opened as a group of people walked into their grounds. Several of them were dressed in silvery armour that was striped with a pinkish colour, tied with purple cloaks. Two others were dressed in matching dark purple and pink armour, carrying banners with the symbol of The Oasis. Aside from the Knight's were two more people, one of which a certain someone instantly recognized. Xara hadn't changed too much other than her dark purple hair, which had grown longer to the point where she had to have it tied into a bun at the back of her head. Her bright pink dress seemed radiant against the light but even she had a sour expression upon her. With all the history between her and her old friend, words left unsaid, the tension between them was so thick that one could cut it with a sword. Beside her stood a girl that looked much different from her. While she indoubtedly had her mother's facial structure, she looked completely different than anyone had pictured her. Her dark skin contrasted well with her silvery laced dress, graceful as the moonlight. Her black hair shone in the sunlight, only illuminating her midnight blue eyes like dark sapphires. Once the gates closed, the red haired King turned his attention to his 'old friend'.

"Xara..." his voice spoke, trying to sound welcoming.

"Romeo..." She responded, something in her voice told that she was also trying to keep her own composure. "It's certainly been a while."

"That it has."

Aneesah looked between the two Admins. It was nerve wrecking to watch the them interact but she managed to not be too bothered. Julius meanwhile, glanced over to the young princess.  Yes he was trying not to be impolite and stare but he wasn't expecting the her to be so pretty. Then again, looks weren't everything, he still had to get to know her a bit. She herself seemed a bit nervous, pushing back a lock of hair.

Romeo cleared his throat, attempting to swivel around the situation. "If I may, I'd like to introduce you to my wife, Queen Aneesah." He gestured to her as she curtsied, holding onto her dress to avoid any dirt.

"Xara..." She did her best to sound formal. "...we meet at last."

"And my son, the heir to our throne... Prince Julius."

"An honor" He bowed carefully so his crown doesn't fall off.

"Indeed" Xara turned slightly to her side. "Allow me to introduce my daughter, Princess Kiara."

"Your Majesties" Kiara's voice spoke out softly but audible as she too curtsied.

Aneesah put on a smile. "Welcome Kiara. I hope you and your mother will feel at right at home here."

(Okay part two, this was trickier than anticipated. I thought the picture would help out with some visual representation. I'll get to part three soon enough.)