Chapter 2

Lea

Lea

"Good morning, everyone!" I greeted our staff in our store here at the mall.

This is my usual morning, visiting our branch here in Manila then meeting the client afterwards kung mayroon. In the afternoon, I would go to our main branch, where our atelier, office, and studio are located, to do the custom dresses for the clients.

"Good morning, Ma'am Lea!" They greeted me back.

I smiled and put down my bag on the round sofa that's placed at the center of the store in front of the fitting room.

"How's everyone?" I asked Krystal since the other two staff are entertaining the possible customers who just entered. I was about to sit on the couch when my eyes landed on a very familiar wedding gown.

I looked at Krystal with my wide eyes and she knew what that meant.

"I was about to tell you this through text, Ma'am, but then decided na hintayin na lang kayo. The customer who bought it returned the dress early this morning."

I nodded while trying to process what she said. I walked towards the dress that's placed on a mannequin and gently touched it.

"What's the reason? May problema ba sa gown? Did you check it?" I asked.

"Yes, Ma'am. We checked it thoroughly before we return the payment. Wala pong problema sa gown," she explained.

I looked at her. "What could be the reason? Sabi niyo within this month ang wedding?" I asked dahil nai-kwento nila sa akin ang bumili nitong gown, favorite gown ko kasi 'to. I was the one who designed it, years ago, and it was just made this year. In fact we only have three pieces of this design at ito na lang ang natitira.

"Ahm, personal reason daw po eh. Pero sa tingin namin nila Val, Ma'am, hindi tuloy ang kasal."

I immediately looked at her when she said that. It's just that, a cancelled wedding is really heartbreaking.

"Bakit kaya?" I just uttered out of nowhere while already thinking a possible reason. Is it because of the guy or is it the girl's decision? O baka naman hindi lang pwede o hindi na pwede.

Krystal just shrugged her shoulders.

I looked at her again to ask something. "How did you say that the wedding is cancelled?" I waited for her answer, kasi pwede namang nakahanap lang ng ibang dress ang bride kaya isinauli.

"Well, she's not wearing her engagement ring anymore, Ma'am. All of us noticed it."

I just stared at her then nodded. Unconsciously, I started caressing the ring on my finger with my thumb.

I smiled and thanked Krystal before I entered our small office here. Si Vice may im-meet na bagong client while si Regine naman ay nasa atelier. Wala naman akong im-meet na client kaya sinimulan ko nang i-sketch ang custom wedding gown para sa bago kong kliyente. Sketching is just very therapeutic for me.