Madhu and Vishwanath

One year ago

Vishwanath and Madhu were a middle aged couple in their 50s who had lost their only daughter Pari in a car accident 6 months ago. She was their whole world and now that she was gone they were finding it hard to find a reason to live.
One day Madhu had left to buy groceries near a store near Sahara Mall.

**********************************

"Abhi ne kaha usko aane mein aur aadha ghanta lagega...tab tak let me buy a watch for him as a surprise" thought Akshu. However Akshu couldn't find any fossil store in Sahara mall. On checking Google maps, she saw a store very close to mall.
As she left the mall and neared the store, she saw a woman staring at her and walking towards her mouthing something she couldn't hear.

*********************************
Madhu had seen Akshu from far. Akshu's petite figure, her walk, her face bore close resemblance to Pari.
Madhu's heart skipped a beat. She felt like her own daughter was walking in front of her.
"PARI!" She shouted in ecstacy.

At that very instant, a bomb blasted in the mall and shards of glass, wood and bricks flew in air. One log of wood flew and hit the girl in front straight on her head and spine. Thank fully Madhu was standing behind a wall which secured her from most of the distruction.

The impact of the log hitting the girl was so much that she fell down clutching her head.

"Pari beta" cried Madhu and ran towards the girl.

*********************************

Akshu felt a strong thing hitting her head and she fell down unable to bear the pain. She heard a ringing sound in ears. She was losing consciousness. The last thing she saw was a woman, running towards her.

"Help" she cried out.

********************************
Madhu felt like God was testing her. She had seen her daughter in similar situation 6 months ago and today she was in the same place with this girl.

"Kuch nhi hone dungi tumhe beta...mujhe chodke jaane nhi dungi is baar" she promised akshu.

Madhu carried Akshu to a near by hospital. By then many patients were being treated and it was a total chaos situation. She had called her husband and explained him the situation.

Vishwanath who was working as a peon in a government office came running to the hospital. He saw Akshu and he realised that she indeed looked very similar to pari. Both of them stayed with her for next two days waiting for her to gain consciousness and praying to God to let her live.

Akshu woke up after 2 days with a stinging pain in her head. She felt lost and couldn't recollect how she reached here. In fact she couldn't recollect anything relevant to her. She saw two people looking at her expectantly.

" Aap dono mujhe janthe h kya ....mujhe cheeze yaad nhi aa rhi...sochne pe sar fata jaa rha h"

Madhu looked at her with tears in eyes .She held her hands and said
"Beta Pari, hum ma baba h tumhare".

************************************

Vishwanath and Madhu had immediately packed their bags in next 10 days and left for Varanasi, their hometown to settle peacefully with their daughter. Vishwanath used his connections and got a transfer as a peon to a govt office in Varanasi.
Akshu was still fragile after suffering severe impact on her back. She couldn't walk without support. Doctors had told she was suffering from severe amnesia due to the accident and subsequent shock. Vishwanath had used all his savings and sold of his land to pay off Akshu's medical bills ,she was after all his lost daughter.
Even though in severe pain and confusion, Akshu felt pure love and care from the couple who claimed to be her parents. She thought her heart felt complete after experiencing true parental concern , something she had never thought she lacked.

*******************************
Present day:

Abhi had convinced the police that they were taking back the case filed and the police had left after issuing a warning to them.

Abhi addressed the man soon after
"Dekhiye sir, hum dono janthe h ye apki beti nhi h ...ye Akshara Goenka h...aap mujhe sach batayenge....akshu ke khaatir."

Vishwanath sighed. It was true he couldn't prove this girl was his daughter. He had to tell the truth to this man but before that he had to confess few things to this girl whom he loved dearly as a daughter.

**********************************
Next chapter will be updated after 75 upvotes.