chapter 31

We ended up making it about three eighths of the way down the dirt road before we ran in to Logan. Dad jumped in the front, as I placed her in the back and climbed in. We took off towards the pack house.

The whole way there I kept rubbing her and try to get her warmed up some. I  kept trying to get her to respond to me. But there was nothing, as we arrive dad jumped out and open the door's. I climb out and took off into the pack Hospital.

One's inside I laid her down on a gurney. Gabe stepped up to check her pulse, he said her pulse was low. We needed to get her into surgery now.

He grabbed the bed and started to rush off into O.R,. I followed them all the way back into the surgeons doors and Dad grabbed me holding onto me very tightly, as I broke down all over again.

We waited for hours and haven't heard anything. I was getting frustrated, I wanted to know something. I wanted to find out how she was. Logan, dad, mom and Sarah were all outside the waiting room with me, waiting to hear some thing.

Five hours later and finally doctor Gabe came out giving us all news on how she was doing. She is out of surgery and in recovery.

She has a major concussion, her right two bottom Knuckles are broke and wrist, a half fractured elbow with large deep cuts that are infected in the arm. Her lower back is bruised and her left  knee was slightly shattered. Ton of scratches and blood loss. She has slipped into a coma during surgery.

We will be moving her into room nine in the next hour. Shane I'm so sorry this has happened. We did everything we could, she just needs lots of rest. When she's ready, she will wake up. We just have to be patient.

It has been six days and she still hasn't woke up. They are taking the cast off first thing in the morning on her knee.

It's all healed up, all the scratches are gone and the bruising on her back is healed. The infection in her arm is now all gone. But her wrist is still recovering along with her elbow. The CT scans on her brain is showing no swelling.

It looks like her concussion is gone, but she has yet to wake up. Doctors said it can be anytime between now and the next day or two before she awake.

I haven't left her side at all, these last few days my family keeps coming to check in and bring me food and clothes to change into. It's late in the afternoon and Sarah and Logan come.

Sh.. Umm Shane, I try said with a weak voice. I'm trying to open my eyes, but they feel matted. After reaching up my hand trying to rub my eyes I felt some thing grab my hand, then I felt Sparks that shot my eyes open.

Shane I say again, he gives me a cup of water to drink. That helped a lot, it felt good on my throat. he asks me how I'm feeling.

Like I caught my ass kicked badly, haha. I love you so much honey!

Do you think this is funny, I love you to. But what you did was stupid, you are not leaving my side until I know I can trust you.

What happened to being open and honest with each other, remember communication is the key. I was so worried you have no idea. I thought I lost you. Do you know how that made me feel?

I take it you got that letter! I had to do this. I couldn't live a cursed life. I did this for us, for you. Its all over now it's in the past and behind us. I'm here not going anywhere. I will always fight like hell to come back to you my love.

I want us to move forward in our life not for me to hold us back. That's why I did what I did, just please don't reject me. You can be mad at me all you want or as long as you want. Just please don't leave me I need you Shane.

You better believe I'm upset with you, but I'm not rejecting you. Your my mate. We will get through whatever problem that comes our way together. I thought we had an agreement on that?

We do, but you couldn't help me with this. It would have never worked. I had to do this by myself. I promise no more. No matter what it takes, I won't ever do this again. No tell you something like this was hard for me. I love you honey so much.

But I have to tell you it feels so good. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off me. I can breathe again for the first time in so long. I don't feel like there's something holding me back.

As long as I still have you by my side and your love I can get through any thing. I can't imagine of need anything else the this world.

He gave me a kiss, I pulled my arms or arm around him and kissed him deep and passionate. About that time the door opened up an in walk a doctor along with James and another man. I got a glimpse of Sarah and Logan outside in the hallway.

Hi Riley, I'm doctor Gabe. How are you feeling today?

Like roadkill, I want to get up and move around. When does these things come off. I said pointing to the cast on my arm and leg.

Well the one on your leg comes off in the morning and the one on your arm unfortunately it's going to have to be there a few more days.

It's not completely healed yet!