chapter 20

A D M I T I T

(i just had to add the whole image bc it reminded me of something

(i just had to add the whole image bc it reminded me of something. *wink wink*. you'll understand soon enough)

"I still can't believe you said yes," Silvia groans, throwing my shorts into my suitcase.

"I thought I needed to get my head checked out when I told him I needed time?" I chuckle and she smiles.

"Well, I changed my mind. Your safety comes before really hot guys," she nonchalantly says. "I mean are you sure this is a good idea?"

"No... I don't know," I sigh, falling back onto my bed. "He's the only option I have right now."

"You can stay with me."

"No," I sternly say. "I'm not bringing my problems to your doorstep."

"Okay what about Jordan? He seems really determined to protect you."

"Same goes for him. I know that he can keep me safe but I can't let him. It's not fair that he take care of me like a little kid."

She nods and we continue packing.

"I get it. But why so soon? And what if he's worse than Sylvester?"

"Well if he's worse then he's worse and we'll cross that bridge when we get there," I shrug my shoulders feeling my stomach clench. "And after the little package I got I can't stay here anymore. Sylvester or his men can show up at anytime and he's made it perfectly clear that the next time we see each other it won't be pretty."

She chugs down her glass of wine and goes for seconds. "Okay..." she nods. "Where's he picking you up?"

"The club since I'm performing tonight," I say and she nods.

We loaded all my clothes into her car and she drove us to the club.

Even though Silvia didn't like my decision she was still very supportive about it. I could tell she had a million questions and so did I to say the least.

We left my bags in her car until Antonio would come to pick me up.

Silvia and I changed into our performing outfits and left the dressing room.

Her body tensed up as we stood near the stage and I already knew why. I turned around and saw Silvia softly slipping away.

"Why aren't you dressed yet?" he asks and I cross my hands in front of me.

"Well I was kind of hoping you'd let me perform one last time."

"But it won't be your last time. You made that abundantly clear."

"Technically no, it won't. But in a weird way it also will so please let me perform while I'm still single and free. I promise we'll leave right after," I say eagerly. "Please," I show him my biggest, teethly smile.