chapter 22

R I N G P O P

"I bought you an engagement ring and you're going to wear it," he sternly says and I feel my heart clench in my chest

I've never gotten something so expensive before.

Or anything special for that matter.

I stare at the ring before taking it off.

"You should keep it for someone special and give it to her," I say handing it back to him. I stand up, feeling my lungs squeeze. "It's not fair to you," I shake my head. "And just because of this thing we have doesn't mean I won't let you go out and find someone who's perfect for," I say feeling my mouth dry.

I look away and smile, mischievously.

"If you want me to have an engagement ring that badly then you should by me a watermelon ring pop because that's my favorite thing to have," I smile, putting my hands on my hips. "That's what my dad used to propose to my mom when they were kids so..." I slowly trail off and he slightly tilts his head to the side.

"A watermelon ring pop?" he raises a brow at me and I show him a big smile, whilst nodding.

He looks concerned and my face drops.

"Just get me the damn ring pop," I roll my eyes before heading back to my room.

There's no way in hell I'm letting him spend thousands of dollars on me.

He's definitely lost it.

I get to my room and shut the door, resting my back against it.

I subconsciously smiled as his smile came into my thoughts. His perfectly white teeth and the smile lines along the corners of his mouth.

The way his right brow would twitch whenever I challenged him.

The little scratch on his perfectly sharp jawline that seems to already be faded.

The way his tongue would wet his perfectly soft lips. I miss those lips.

I walked over to my bed and crawled in. I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling.
___

I squeezed my eyes as the bright sunlight shone through the huge windows since I had forgotten to close the curtains last night.

I groaned, turning on my other side.

I laid for a while and lifted my head to check the time over my shoulder.

07:17am.

I covered my head with the sheets then froze. I sat up and looked at my nightstand.

I saw two little black boxes and a note.

I picked up the note and opened it.

The ring is yours and yours only.
I saw it. I thought of you. And I bought it. So no, I can't give it to anyone else and even if I could, I wouldn't.