chapter 23

O F F I C E

He parks the car and I look up from my cellphone

"What are we doing here?" I ask looking out the window.

I see a huge building covered in ceiling to floor length windows.

"We're going up to my office," he says and gets out.

I unbuckle my seat belt as I admire the building. He opens the door for me and I step out of the car.

"You have an office?" I can't help but chuckle. "No-" I shake my head and he closes the door. "You have an office here?" I ask walking towards the door.

"This is my building, love," he says placing his hand on my lower back and opens the door before I can.

My jaw drops as I step inside. Along with the clicking of my boots, employees talking is heard. I take a few more steps and he walks up next to me.

The building looked incredible.

"Oh my God," I gasp and he entwined our fingers.

"Come on," he says gently pulling me and I follow behind after him. I catch up to him and everyone greets him as he passes them.

It's like the parting of the red sea as he walks.

A few women smiled their silly little smiles and I subconsciously tightened my hand around his as I watched them drool over him.

He chuckles and my head snaps to him.

"What's so funny?" I ask and we step into the elevator.

"You're jealous," he says and presses a button.

"I'm not... jealous," I roll my eyes. He gives me a knowing look and I groan. "Fine. Maybe a little," I mumble and he smiles, pulling me closer to him.

"Who's wearing my ring, Nirah?" he asks and I look up at him.

"Me?"

"Exactly," he says and throws his arm around my shoulder before kissing my temple.

My body tenses and the elevator dings before opening. We walk out and I'm sure he can hear how fast my heart is beating.

Two men approached us and he shook their hands. He introduced me as his fiance and I for the life of me couldn't stop smiling. They talked for a while until Samantha - his assistant that I keep forgetting about - joined us.

"He lives," she sarcastically smiles at him. "And he brings the hooker- this is a professional workspace Mr de Luca," she teases and he heavily sighs.

"Samantha, don't," he says and she grins down at me. "Would you like anything to drink?" he asks me and I shake my head. "Get her an ice coffee," he says and she puts her hands on her hips.