Explaining the Lore between NSR x Monster Hunter [Mashup/Crossover]

Vinyl City had actually coexisted among the other villages, cities and towns of Monster Hunter. (ie. Kokoto Village, Loc Lac, Tanzia Square, etc.) It has been as such since the ancient times.

Despite sharing the same continent and planet, none of the peoples had even acknowledged their existence. Instead, they had relied on stories passed down from many generations regarding Vinyl City.

The main reason as to why Vinyl City remained undiscovered was most likely due to the fact that it was isolated from all other villages—it never traded with anyone, the residents of Vinyl City typically stayed in their hometown. Vinyl City had hunters, as every other village. They even had their own guild.

Despite being cut off from outside village contact, they still told famous tales, such as the Fated Four and the Legend of the Black Dragon.

Vinyl City's secretive days were soon to be broken when a quartet of hunters from Moga Village were out on an expedition for the fabled Vinyl City.

Valiant as they were, the citizens of Moga ridiculed them for departing on this foolish mission; calling them "gullible," and "naive." That they would all be moldering in a grave before they could find the so called mythical city.

But little did the people know that these hunters would prove them all wrong...

The hunters had made a treacherous journey from their seaside village to a city that was most likely in the middle of nowhere.

Days had passed. Almost a week went by and they still had no sight of Vinyl City.

But one day, just when their hope was almost gone, they stumbled upon gargantuan, impenetrable walls that could only be surrounding something. The hunters speculated it could be the fabled city they were looking for.

They entered through an ornate passage, which had lead them to the heart of place immediately.

Inside the barriers was a grand city. The lights, the sounds. It almost overwhelmed the hunters. They had never seen such beauty in a city.

The captain of the hunting team wrote the following in a journal entry:

"The moment my men and I crossed the threshold, bright lights and colors flashed before our eyes. The buildings were tall enough to pierce the heavens. There were even moving pictures of vividly colored characters.

The structures were so unique. We had never seen such spectacular architecture.

Beautiful as the city was, the noise was something else. Loud squeaks, clanks and various other sounds hit our eardrums.

Upon further exploration, we found out that this city is divided into districts—each having their own unique style. I remember one of them was very dark and looked like it was set in space. There was one that was super bright and very noisy, but one of my men loved the moving picture of what looked like a young girl with a fish tail. One had golden trees all over and made me feel like I was in an enchanted forest. One had artificial looking palm trees and tall men made of metal. The last one was very obscure and abstract; there were numerous statues of hands all over the place.

I could've honestly gotten lost in exploring this city.

Motifs and structures aside, there was something about this city that really made me raise an eyebrow—the people had strangely colored skin and odd hairstyles and hair colors. Like, I saw a man and a woman with blue skin. Seldom did I see those with regular complexions.

The appearances were one thing; the way they talked was another. The people spoke a wide variety of languages, but none of my men could understand a word they said. Their languages were unfamiliar to me. On top of that, many mostly spoke in slang. But I was still glad they were able to speak my language; it just had a very thick accent which sounded funny to me.