Chapter: 01

\\ Louis

I felt as if I was drowning. I couldn't breathe but I needed to. I was desperate for air, knowing that if another minute passed, I'll surely die. It was ironic really. The boy who saved my life once was the reason for my lack of oxygen.

This was all because Harry Styles was standing 10 feet away from me.

"Louis?"

Crap.

"Louis!"

Harry was making his way over to me. At that I pushed through the drunken bodies and desperately tried to get away from him. I was not ready to face him. A year has only passed. I'm not ready.

As soon as the front door was in view I made a run to it and walked out to the barely dimmed neighborhood. The setting was too familiar. After all, I did meet Harry in a dark street corner.

-

"Hello!" I heard someone call from behind me.

I quickly turned on my phone ready to dial the police. I glanced at the voice and saw that it was a tall muscular guy. Well, fuck. I'd definitely loose if it ends up in a fight.

"Didn't you hear me, princess? I said hello." He chuckled.

"And I say to leave me alone or I call the cops."

What is taking the bus so long?

"Feisty." I took a quick glance at him and saw a faint smirk on his face. "I like it."

I rolled my eyes at this. Typical douchebag.

"I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?"

Without looking at him I could tell he had a smug look on his face.

I couldn't help but let out an embarrassing snort.

"With that terrible pick up line Absolutely not."

-

"What's your name?"

"Stop following me." I mumbled under my breath. "I have to walk home because the stupid bus didn't come and thanks to you, I've reached a new level of pissed off."

I look at him hoping to see some realization but to my surprise he was pouting. Pouting. Who even does that to a stranger?! This crazy stalker that's who.

"My name's Harry." He said after a few minutes had passed.

"And I don't care."

"Fine. I'll leave you alone. Goodbye, shorty."

Before I had the chance to sass him to oblivion for calling me short, he was gone.

"Thank god."

I sighed in relief and continued to make my way home. I'll admit it was quite terrifying. The streets were deserted and the only sound that could be heard was my footsteps.

But then, from the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow.

Oh fūck.

I quickened my pace immediately. The shadow caught up to me and that's when I got my phone to dial the police. To my amazing luck my phone had ran out of battery, most likely because I kept it on while I was talking to that creepy stalker, well, Harry was his name. I kept running but it didn't make much of a difference and soon enough the shadow that now turned out to be a man was in front of me. He had a sinister look on him. Almost animal like.

"I'm going to die," I thought. "I love you, mum. I love the girls and Stan. I hate the stupid bus for not showing up because if it had I wouldn't have died tonight. Well this is it.."

I closed my eyes ready to see the famous bright light that you see just before you die but I never saw it.

Harry had saved me.

-

"Louis! Come on, Lou! Stop running."

Of course he'd caught up to me in no time. He was a fūcking boxer after all. I then just gave up on trying to get away from him. He was way faster and I didn't exercise at all, so what is the point?

When my breath became even I glared up at him.

"Now you want to talk, Harold?" I laughed brokenly. "After leaving me alone with a child at nineteen, you decide it's okay to talk to me when a year passes? Oh! But wait, It so happens that I was at the same party as you because if I wasn't then you will still be God knows where in my mind."

"Let me explain, Lou."

I shook my head.

"James doesn't need your lying ašs." I tell him. "He knows who you are. I told him all that happened and he understands that his other father left him for his career."

Harry tried to speak again but I looked at him pleadingly.

"Stay away. You've done it for a year so there's no reason why you can't keep doing it." I turned away from him and began walking again. "Goodbye, Harry."

-

"Up next is a short clip from Harry Styles announcement! You will all be shocked at what he said."

I went to grab the remote but to my surprise James shook his head at me.

"You sure, Jam Jam?" I smiled softly at him.

He gave me a quick nod and looked back at the screen.

"I, Harry Styles, announce that I'll be taking a break to reunite with my son and love of my life. That's all."

A knock to the door echoed to the now silent apartment.