Chapter: 02

\\Louis

"Papa someone knock on door!" James said excitedly.

I was glad he didn't quite understand Harry's announcement. I couldn't exactly explain to him that the father he thinks is a "poop" for leaving is going to be part of his life again. I can't even explain that to myself.

I got up and walked towards the wooden door. I got on top of a box I use to reach the peep hole. Squinting my eyes I see that it was.. Harry.

How dare he.

"Leave my property." I say loud enough for him to hear.

"Papa?"

I look down and sigh softly when I see James looking at me with curiosity.

"Yes, Jam Jam?" I try to keep my voice calm.

"Who knock on door?" He asked sweetly.

It reminds me of all the times he has used this tone to get an extra cookie. Sadly, I'm weak, and I fall for it every time.

"Is that James?" Harry asks.

"Papa who at door?" James was now commanding and if I didn't tell him soon he was going to have a fit. Those are the worse.

"I'll let you in, but only if James wants you to." I tell Harry.

"James," I look him straight in the eye. "That's your Daddy Harry. Do you want him to come in?"

It takes a moment for him to process it all but he soon answers.

"No."

-

"Harry! Oh my God!" I screamed with all my might.

Not even a second later Harry came in with a terrified look on his face and fists ready to punch.

"Calm down, Haz. Look!"

I point down at James who was standing up and trying to walk.

"Harry! Harry! Look! Oh my God! He's doing it, Harry!"

James let out a fit of giggles and took messy steps forward. Like myself, Harry had tears running doing his face.

"Our baby just took his first steps, Harry." I sniffled. "Our baby."

"Our baby." Harry repeated.

-

"Say Daddy, James. Come on you can do it."

I chuckled at the scene.

James was currently laying on Harry's stomach looking very amused at what Harry was saying.

"He's obviously going to say Papa first." I smirked and kissed Harry's forehead. "He's a papa's boy."

Harry pouted at that making me chuckle.

"James say Daddy. Please, baby." Harry was begging now which only made me laugh harder.

"Jam Jam say Papa!"

James clapped his hands happily and went on to pull on Harry's hair.

"Fūck!"

"Fūck!" James repeats.

I gasped and whack Harry in the back of his head.

"Look what you did, Harold!" I said angrily.

That afternoon was spent teaching James to never use that word again.

-

Harry came over everyday after James said no to him. Following my son's request, I didn't let him in, but only kept reminded him to leave because James didn't want anything to do with him.

"Papa you love me?"

"Of course I love you, baby. Why would you doubt that?" I glanced at him with a small frown.

"Daddy Harry doesn't love me." He mumbled sadly.

"James Daddy loves you very much." It was Harry who said this.

He doesn't give up does he?

"If you loved me you wouldn't have left."

I was both surprised and impressed. James was very smart for a 3 year old and to say those words.. I was damn proud of him.

"Papa put show on TV?" James asked politely.

"'Course, baby. Want me to put Spider-Man?"

He had quite the liking for the famous superhero.

"Can I maybe watch My Little Pony?" He asked shyly.

This surprised me a little but I ruffled his unruly curls and put the show on. James sat on the floor, happily watching the show.

-

Harry didn't come back after that.