Chapter Twelve: Date Night Part 2

Marcelle's POV
"Roberto is in Signor Tancredi's security. We met the day I was kneeling in front of Signor Tancredi waiting to die. He was the one holding the gun. When Signor forgave me, he told Roberto to take me downstairs where the servants sleep. He did not speak to me. He locked me in a room and I was alone for two days before he came back and asked me if I will cause trouble. I say no. He asked me if I will tell anyone about the Mafia. I say no. He gave me a uniform and told me that as long as I am good, no one will hurt me. I took his advise very seriously. I was good."

"When did you two start dating?"

Vittoria laughed in a way that expressed the fondness of the memory she was about to share. I envy this guy. Does he know how bright her eyes are now that she's talking about him?

"Not all Mafia men are gentlemen. One bodyguard, he slapped my behind. He said we should get together. The other young maids were doing it... sleeping with the bodyguards. Down on the servant floor it was a wicked place. Evil sounds at night!"

"Evil sounds?" I laughed. "You mean moaning."

She blushed. "Evil sounds. He tried coming to my room one night but I locked the door. I think I sensed he would come. He started threatening me. One time I was alone in a store arranging the food in boxes when he tried to have his way with me. I fought as much as I could but men are strong. I decided to scream. Roberto heard. He came in and stopped anything from happening. Signor Tancredi heard about it and the bodyguard was beaten nearly to death. That night Roberto he came to my room to check on me. We talked almost all night and as the days went by we became fond of each other's company. In a few weeks, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes."

"I'm sorry about that. You're right. Some men are brutes. I'm happy nothing happened to you. How did you end up in my mom's house?" I asked.

We decided to take a walk after dinner. The back of the hotel has beautiful grounds. There is a band playing some music and I think the ambience is nothing short of romantic.

"Signor Tancredi introduced me to your padre. He said 'she will do just fine' and I don't know what that means. Maybe he said I will work well. I try to do a good job."

Dad hiring servants? No.

"Do you want to dance?"

"I don't know how."

"I'll teach you." I took her waist before she could say no. I drew her close with our palms pressed together. "Move the way I do. It's simple."

"Si." She smiled at me but occasionally looked at her feet only to laugh when she looked up. "How am I doing?"

"You have two left feet." I laughed. "But it's okay. We can be clumsy together."

When the music slowed down, I drew her even closer resting her head where my heart beats. I hope she can hear how she's affecting me right now. There's something so pure and decent about her that is calling me. It wants me to get closer. I am getting pulled in and there's no reservations on my part. There are no brick walls.

I swayed with her in my arms. She is getting the hang of it and it starting to feel natural like we have done it forever. I closed my eyes for a moment floating away with her. I lowered my hand feeling the smooth fabric of her dress down to the curve of her back just above her bottom. She looked up almost immediately. I'm tempted to go a little lower. Just a little. I want to feel her.

"Marcelle!"

Now she says my name. That sharp gasp sounds sexy.

"It's okay." I whispered. It is a fleeting touch, my hand over her bottom and back to her waist. I wish I could grab her or even get to look without reserve. "You'll find out sooner or later that I am curious and I like to satisfy my curiosity. When that happens, I hope you say yes to me so that we can both enjoy it."