1 | Hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear

Basil was a star. A beautiful, glimmering star that shone brightly over the gorgeous purple skies of Headspace. Out of all the brilliant and wondrous creations that resided in the dreamscape, Basil was by far one of the most heavenly sights to behold. His fluffy and neat teal hair, soft to the touch, framed his enchanting features in the most exquisite way. His eyes, a similar color to his hair, were vast oceans. Deep, deep, deep, enchanting waters filled with secrets and treasures to discover within.

The pastel flower crown that he wore atop his head was a halo. A fair and ravishing accessory to let creatures far and wide know that this kind-hearted boy was a gift from the gods themselves. Basil, being the kind and gentle soul that most knew him to be, was practically an angel. Although he may not bear feathery white wings, his gentle aura and thoughtful actions were enough proof of it. Heaven will always be a place on Earth for as long as Basil lives.

On this cool and misty morning, Basil wandered through the Vast Forest, hand in hand with his very best friend Omori. The angelic boy giggled as he described the different kinds of flowers that grew around their home. Omori gazed at his lively face, and then lowered it to examine their intertwined hands. Days with Basil were always guaranteed to be good days. This world would never be complete without him.

"Hm," Basil began to speak, glancing around at the beautiful nature that surrounded them. "The forest is so pretty, but I'm sure all of our friends are waiting for us by now. Do you think we should start heading over to the playground, Omori?"

Omori simply shook his head. Although he loved all of his friends dearly, time spent alone with Basil was something to be cherished.

"I see," Basil smiled at his best friend. "Alright then, I'm sure the others won't mind if we're a little bit late."

The two friends continued on their walk around the Vast Forest. Whilst Omori was silent as usual, Basil proceeded to point out and compliment anything and everything you could ever imagine. With Omori by his side, Basil was quite the talkative boy; someone who didn't hesitate to inform people about the beauty of the world. The forest was all Basil could ever need in Omori's opinion. The diverse species of flora and fauna that dwelled within the forest's interior appeared to comfort him greatly, and sharing it with his dearest friends was such a dream. No matter how many times he roams around this place, it seems that he'll never grow bored of it.

The soft grass brushed gently against their legs, and after some time, Basil and Omori took a seat on the lush forest floor to rest. The day was calm and breezy, and though it's usually like that most of the time, Omori believed that there was no harm in acknowledging the beauty of it all. He glanced up at the bright purple sky and all of the intricate constellations that danced above their heads. This world was truly something. The sweet chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves around them soothed Omori's being, and the monochrome boy would have whisked off to sleep if Basil hadn't begun speaking to him.

"Hey, Omori..." The kind boy softly spoke, glancing down at their hands, still intertwined after all of this time. "Sometimes I wonder what it's like going out into the world and exploring like you and the others do. I get so curious whenever you all talk about your adventures together!"

Omori remained silent, yet listened carefully to Basil's words.

"I'm not much of a fighter, but I feel like exploring new places would be so much fun!" Basil softly giggled at the thought. "I wonder what kind of plants they have in distant lands... Do you think I would enjoy it?"

The silent boy nodded in acknowledgment, which caused a small smile to find its way onto the other boy's face. "I see..." Basil trailed off with a hint of interest in his tone. "Of course, I do enjoy spending time with Mari too. If I joined you all, I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but I would much rather be there to keep her company. I wouldn't want her to be all lonely!"