chapter 25

I N S U F F E R A B L E

After changing I walked out with all the clothes I'm buying and the friendly, elderly assistant rushed over

"I'll take these," I smile, holding up the clothes thrown over my forearm.

"Follow me," she nods and I follow behind her.

I place all of the clothes on the counter top and she starts scanning the tags. A younger women rushes over and starts packing my bags. I roll my eyes as she shamelessly checks Antonio out.

"Wow," the older women smiles. "You too are married? I don't think I've ever seen a wedding ring that gorgeous before," she nods.

"We're engaged, actually," I weakly smile.

Her eyes drop down to the ring and she stops mid-air.

"Oh," she smiles, clearing her throat. "Well I can't even imagine how your wedding ring will look," she says with wide eyes and I hum in agreement.

My head snaps to the younger women stuffing my clothes in the bag, looking annoyed. The elderly women glares at her and she straightens her posture, being more gentle with the clothes this time.

I guess she's her boss.

"And that'll be on your account?" she asks Antonio and he nods.

"No," I shake my head at her. "You have an account here? Since when?" I whisper to him.

"Yes. And since now," he casually says and I bite down onto my jaw in annoyance.

"I thought we had a little agreement," I force a smile at him which clearly shows how upset I am.

"We did?" he asks and my eyes grow wide in anger.

"Here you go," she smiles, handing me with receipt.

"Thank you," I smile at her and he takes the bags. "I could kill you," I mumble under my breath as we leave the store.

We put all the bags in the trunk and got into the car. I crossed my arms over my chest, turning my body away from him.

The drive back to the house was silent.

Cesar was already outside and came over as soon as the car stopped. He started unloading the trunk and as I was about to get out Antonio grabbed my arm.

"What?" I ask, pulling away from him.

"You're mad at me. Why?" he asks and I breathlessly scoff.

"You're seriously asking me why, I'm mad at you?" I ask and he nods. "Because I told you not to pay for my things and you went and did just that."

"You said not to pay for your things in one store. So I paid for it in a different store."

"I'm perfectly capable of paying for my own things Antonio."