dancing queen- tony

Tony's eyes hadn't drifted from your frame from the moment you stepped onto the dancefloor with Wanda. If he were a better man, he would've tried to hide that, but he wasn't and he had no shame in showing the entire tower just how in awe he was of his girl. You were dancing so freely, so wildly, it filled his heart with warmth, knowing how much it took for you to get comfortable around people, and yet here you were with his friends, his family, and you were happy.

Your gaze sifted through the room in phases, finding something new to focus on as songs shifted, from the dozens of disco balls scattering the ceiling, multicolored fairy light hung low enough that you could catch them in your hands, silver tinsel curtains decorating the doorways, theme-specific drinks and snacks being led about by waiters- Tony had managed to create the perfect little world for you, only enhanced by the brilliant, though slightly ridiculous, Mamma Mia inspired costumes he had lovingly forced everyone to wear.

He knew you didn't care much for being spoiled, easily pleased with a small gesture or a loving smile, you needed nothing more than him and his love to make you aware of how important you were to him. But he was partial to treating you occasionally, and your birthday was no better excuse to do so, you deserved nothing but the best, after all.

"There's my little dancing queen," he smiled as you strolled over towards him, closing the door to the balcony behind you as you smiled back in a heartbeat. "You having fun?" he asked, your feet barely settling in place before his hand fell to your waist.

"The most," you admitted with excitement almost oozing from your words, one hand clutching onto his arm as you looked down at your own outfit for the umpteenth time that night, mesmerized by the way the material hugged your curves, pattern matching the one from the movie almost perfectly and you couldn't quite fathom the work that Tony had to put in to organize what you deemed the perfect night. "I still can't believe you did this," you admitted sheepishly, failing miserably at hiding how overwhelmed you were by the grand gesture.

"I don't see why, you know that I'd do anything to see that pretty smile," he mused, and you would've melted right there had he not placed down his drink to show you he had more to say. "Speaking of- "he began, a small smirk tugging at his lips while he held you still, hand searching his pants pocket for something. "Gift time," he noted and pulled a folded envelope from the confines of the material.

"Gift time? You mean the party wasn't my gift?" your brows furrowed, knowing he'd understand the sentiment behind your shock as you looked between the white paper and his face. He pulled you closer, as if trying to silently calm your lecturing nerves as you sighed lightly.

"I'm offended that you'd think that," he teased and shrugged when you met his gaze with a soft frown. "Don't look at me like that, I want to do something nice for my girl, is that not allowed?"

"You've already done something far beyond nice for me, Tony, I can't accept this."

"You don't know what it is yet, silly girl," he protested and tilted his head, almost to challenge you to try and fight him on spoiling you today of all days, which for all intents and purposes, was his free pass. "Open the envelope, sweetheart," he insisted with a little nod as he gently forced it into your hands, all your fingers working together to open it as you sighed lightly, nearly swallowing said sighs as you pulled the contents out.

"Tony-"you gasped, eyes growing larger, if possible, as you reread the boldly printed words over and over again, just to be sure. "Are these?" your heart was pounding in your ears, excitement getting the better of you as you felt your objection to Tony's shenanigans floating from your body.

"Two tickets to Greece? They were the last time that I checked," he replied with that signature hint of arrogance as he looked down at you, your mind too busy processing the meaning behind the two pieces of paper to notice him pulling you closer towards him.

"Are you asking me to go to Greece with you? For two weeks? Tony, I don't know what to say," you were briefly made aware of two hands as they snaked around your waist and spread out across the small of your back, Tony's smirk dipping into a smile at your state.

"Say yes," his hands tugged you against his chest, your breathing meshing with his as warmth strangled your neck and cheeks, having to bite back a laugh at his boldness, at his uncharacteristic spontaneity with your relationship.

"It's the middle of the semester," you protested, more so reminding him that normal people can't just drop everything and go on vacation because their boyfriends wanted to do something nice for them.

"I'll make arrangements," he noted, and you were instead reminded that Tony Stark was not a normal person, and by default, neither were you.

"And the Avengers? You cannot make arrangements to postpone crime."

"I figure the bunch of them could survive a few days without me."

"Tony, I don't think I've even stayed at the tower for this long," you turned shy at that, feeling his gaze turn soft as well as his hands moved up your back to secure you further in his hold, hoping that the touch would distract you from your nerves instead of adding to them.

"We'll set some boundaries," he promised, less cocky, more understanding as he nodded to reply to your uncertain stare, raking his eyes over your features to figure out what else you were thinking, what else you would find as an excuse, but he was happy to find none, you looking down at your hands instead, where your fingers traced the details of your trip. "Just say yes already."

"You're crazy," you informed him with a shake of your head, earning a gentle laugh from his lips, the sounds vibrating through your body as you gave in to his hold completely.

"Only for you, baby," he sighed and brought a hand to your face, thumb, and forefinger gripping your chin to guide you to look at him. "Say yes," he repeated, and you had no control over your body as it leaned into his touch, your faces inches apart as his warm, whiskey-kissed breath fanned your already burning skin. "Say yes so that I can kiss you," he added and furthered his words by brushing his nose against yours.

"Yes," you whispered, eyes closing out of pure instinct as his lips brushed over your cupid's bow, a shiver running up your spine as he repeated the nimble action around your mouth at an intoxicating slow pace before your lips finally melted with his. "Thank you, Tony," you breathed, fingers sculpting around his cheeks when you pulled away, knowing that as much as you objected to the act of being spoiled, he objected just as much to the notion of you thanking him for merely expressing his love for you. "I love you more than words could say."

"Oh, I'm sure I love you even the slightest bit more than that," he teased, and you needn't open your eyes to know that he was smirking like the cocky bastard you knew him to be. "Happy birthday, baby,'' he whispered against your lips, giving you no time to reply before guiding you right back into a kiss.