Chapter 10

A/N - My story starts here. But for the rest of the story the idea was of @MoonyQueenofSass one of my friends. Also thanks for sticking with me so far! Now lets get on with it! And also you can skip the previously. I just added it because its been more than a month since I updated.

***************************************************

Previously - 

"Could you define Horcruxes for the record?"

"A Horcrux is an external container for a piece of your soul," Harry explained, his tone never wavering like it had before. This part of the story did not seem as hard for him. "To split your soul, you have to murder an innocent. Creating a Horcrux is irreversible."

"And Voldemort had one?"

Harry stared at Daphne, and everyone in that room could see the exhaustion written on his face. "Voldemort had seven."

The courtroom came alive at that revelation. Evan exchanged glances with his parents, suddenly afraid. Could Voldemort still come back? Was the war really over? Lily and James had similar concerns of their own, but Mark did not look afraid. He knew his brother well enough to know Harry always finished what he started. Voldemort must be dead.

"And your mission was to destroy them?" Daphne probed. This was the detail of the story that would exonerate him, she knew. Being a double agent was one thing, but actively contributing to the downfall of Voldemort in such a big way was sure to win over the jury's support.

***************************************************************

"Yes" came the answer. It shocked nearly the whole courtroom into silence. 

The very person whom they'd thought a traitor, a death eater was their savior. Hiding in the Death Eater's ranks, he'd been slowly taking out Voldemort. He was the true hero, the boy who lived.

The Potter family was shocked to the core. They'd never realized that in the past when they'd spat out his name once or twice, their voices had been full of venom. 

Lily and James, could barely take in the rest of the trial, and it passed in a blur. When the trial was nearly at an end, did they come out of their reverie. They looked at their son only to see him looking more tired than ever.

Harry, on the other hand had enough. He'd been arguing back and forth with Director Bones for nearly half an hour. "I want the Kiss and that is final" he yelled finally losing his temper. "You promised me that I'd get something for doing all of this just now and now what I am asking is refused" he snarled. Daphne tried to speak but he cut her off. 

Finally, after a long time arguing, Director Bones agreed to the Kiss. With a heavy sigh of regredience, she declared her discission to the entire courtroom. Instantly there was an uproar. The Potter family in particular was red in the face yelling. 

After a long exhausting time, Harry Potter did not get his wish. And he was furious.

*******************                                                                                                                                                              A few days later                                                                                                                                                ******************

"C'mon Harry, let's go out for ice-cream" said Mark tugging his arm and dragging him into the living room where the rest of the family was already waiting. Mark and Evan exchanged concerned looks as Harry did not even reply. The last few days had been difficult for them. Their brother had just been withdrawn and stayed in his room and had never come out only once or twice for using the bathroom. They literally had to drag him downstairs and force him to eat.

When the family reached the ice cream shop someone else was also waiting for them. Ragganar, a rouge Death Eater was also waiting for them. Harry immediately recognized him. Ragganar then sent a curse Harry's way snarling about how he'd betrayed them. Harry immediately took out his wand and they began to fight.

The Potter family just stood there frozen, not able to comprehend how amazingly Harry was fighting. Curses flew here and there, hitting a few random people causing them to fall over unconscious or dead.  

Harry signaled to his father who understood and nodded. Harry suddenly yelled "NOW!" and James shot the killing cure at Ragganar, but not before the Death Eater sent killing curses at Mark and Evan.

Harry saw the curses out of the corner of his eye and threw himself in front of his brothers, taking the curses right to the chest. He went flying and crashed into the wall behind them, and there he lay crumpled eyes shut and chest not moving. The Potter family thoroughly shaken by what had just happened hurried over with the dim hope that he was alive still glinting. 

But as they got near him that hope was dashed as he was clearly dead. Mark and Evan knelt over his body and wept. They'd never be complete again.

Only one thought stayed. He was dead.

***********************************************************************************************