CHAPTER 48

Shay's POV

"Can someone send me the weekly report please?"

"Yes, right away ma'am."

I moved away from the intercom on my table after informing my assistant and then started sorting out the other files on the other side. It's only been my second day and I didn't realize that working here at Falcon Group would be this hectic. Although I knew it wasn't like this before when my brother was still the CEO but I guess what Shelby said this morning was right. We really are on pins and needles trying to get the company back on its feet, now that the person that was running the company is gone. A short knock sounded from my door and I called out to the person to enter. I looked up and smiled when I saw that it was only Sylvia. She closed the door and stared around my office with excitement on her face.

"Cool office." I playfully rolled my eyes and gestured for her to take a seat.

"Thanks. So how did that meeting go with Shelby?" She looked to the side while nodding her head.

"It was okay, Mr. Kolinsky is one tough son of a bitch but he agreed to sell his company stocks to us and he also said that Falcon Group should check their ranking by the end of this week. He'll be sure to put in a good word for your company."

"Well that's Shelby, always ahead of everything."

She gave me a weird look. "Why are you working separately with Mr. Evans?"

I stared back at her and leaned back in my chair.

"Because I'm handling a different project and he's helping me out with it."

"But Jason is the one that offered to work with you guys first." I nodded.

"I know, but he offered to work with my sister not me. They can handle their work, and I'll do mine."

She sighed and also leaned back in her chair.

"You seemed to be very defensive for him." She scoffs out loud.

"Just because it's not going well between the two of you doesn't mean I have to dislike him too right?" I was caught off-guard by her tone.

"Of course not!"

"I originally liked Jason as a person." I frowned at her and leaned towards the table.

"You're still not fazed by the fact that he tricked me and approached me with a motive?"

"He didn't do the same thing to me, and you shouldn't be saying that. You also hid the truth from everyone about who you really are back when you were working at our company."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Is she serious?!

"Are you kidding? How can you even compare me to Jason?! I'm the one who's really hurt because I really liked him."

"And you think he didn't like you back? He's still a guy so how can he not like you?" She quickly retaliated.

My anger have started to resurface and I forced myself to remain calm by taking a deep breath in. Her questions have started to make me waver and I hated that.

"Do you even know how disgusted I feel? When he kissed me for the first time, it wasn't because he wanted to. He did it just to make me think that our relationship was heading in the right direction when everything was actually a lie."

She chuckled and leaned her head to the side while playing with one of her golden locks around her finger.

"Shay darling, let's be honest here. That, is just what you wanted to believe but let me tell you something. Not many people have assurance of their feelings when they have their first kiss, this is why you're still a virgin."