𝕂𝕒𝕖𝕣 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕙𝕖𝕟

I've been at Kaer Morhen for just over a month now. I have nowhere else to go, so, this is my home until further notice.

Geralt has been training Ciri a lot. Ciri returned with Jaskier about two weeks ago. Geralt returned just after that with a woman named Yennefer.

Apparently, Yennefer and Geralt have 'feelings' for each other, according to Jaskier, which left a strange feeling in my stomach.

I am yet to hold a conversation with her, but, she has been following Geralt around like a lost puppy. It was getting annoying.

I have been cooking quite a bit for the Witcher's and cleaning just as much. I also tend to their wounds from training. Basically, anything to earn my keep.

This evening, Geralt had come back with a boar, so, I decided to make a stew, using some vegetables from my little patch out back.

"Hey."

Ciri says, approaching me. I turn to her with a smile and notice that she had bathed.

"How goes the training?"

I ask her and she shrugs, stealing a small corner of one of the loaves of bread.

"Okay. Pretty tiring though. Geralt is just clearing his swords. When's dinner?"

She asks as I stir the stew in the huge pot.

"A few minutes. Can you inform everyone?"

I ask her and she nods, turning and walking away from me. With a sigh, I turn back to the pot.

🐺

I was sat on my own in the corner of the dining hall, eating a bowl of stew while reading a book that Ciri had lent me.

Speaking of Ciri, she was sat with Jaskier and Yennefer on the table opposite mine. She had offered me a spot at their table, but, I kindly declined.

"Ah, Geralt! You took your sweet time!"

Jaskier exclaims and I slightly raised my head to see Geralt trudging into the hall, his swords no longer with him, along with his armor.

He ignores the Bard and walks over to the stew pot, serving himself a bowl.

Surprisingly, he doesn't join the trio at their table and instead, makes his way over to mine.

I keep my eyes on the pages of the book as he sits down.

"You cooked again?"

He questions, his voice deep and raspy. I lower the book and meet his Amber hues.

"Yeah."

I say and he hums, scooping up a spoonful into his mouth.

"You should let the others pitch in."

He says, but, I frown, shaking my head.

"It's the least I can do... Considering..."

I say, lowering my gaze to my bowl. I could feel Geralt's eyes on me.

"Considering nothing. You cook, clean and tend to our wounds. You have every right to be here as much as we do."

He says, surprising me. I raise my head and he isn't looking at me, but, I notice Yennefer glaring in our direction. I don't thank him, knowing he hates that. Instead, I change the subject.

"I fed Roach and took her on a walk around the grounds."

I say and he looks up, surprised. (I kept Roach alive in my Imagines). He nods to me.

"Thanks, Y/N."

He says and I nod, sending him a soft smile. I notice how different he looks and frown.