chapter 28

F O R G I V E N E S S

"Jordan?" I softly gasp as my cold cellphone is pressed between my shoulder and ear

"Jordan?" I softly gasp as my cold cellphone is pressed between my shoulder and ear. "Oh my God! I'm so glad you called, listen-"

"Silvia explained it to me," he cuts me off and I slowly pull my toothbrush from my mouth.

"All of it?" I hesitantly ask.

"Yes, all of it," he confirms and I take my phone in my other hand.

"Are you really that disappointed in me?" I ask and there's a brief pause.

"Come out to breakfast with me," he says and I'm taken by surprise.

"Okay, uh... of course," I let out a soft breath. "The cafe. At 10."

We say our goodbye's and I put my phone down on the sink before resting both of my hands on it.

Jordan understands.

He's not as mad anymore.

I finished up and got dressed.

My phone rang and it was Silvia. She explained to me that she had spoken to Jordan and that he understood completely. He was upset in the beginning but soon he accepted the decision.

"So he's cool with it?" I ask closing my bedroom door behind myself.

"As far as I know... yes," she says and I smile.

"Thank you, Silvia," I say, skipping down the stairs.

"Of course. Well let me know what happens at breakfast, okay?" she says and I jump over the last two steps.

"Yeah-" I pause in my tracks. "Silvia, I'm gonna have to call you back," I softly say through my teeth.

I end the call before she can ask anymore questions.

I roll my eyes as I see a women in nothing but a shirt - I'm guessing it's his - standing in the kitchen with her back facing me. She hums a tune and I completely ignore her as I stop beside her.

Her head snaps to me but I simply open the cabinet, reaching for a glass.

A little smile spreads on my lips as I see the bottom shelf completely stacked and the top half empty.

He remembered.

"Ahem," she clears her throat and I'm snapped back into reality. I grab my glass and walk over to the fridge. She scoffs as I make my way to island to pour some juice into my glass. "Well good morning to you too," she says and I slowly turn my head to her.

I show her a fake, smile before having some more juice.

"Antonio seriously needs more respectful hookers," she groans and I scoff.

"Yes, he does," I nod and she turns to face me. Her eyes narrow and I stare at her with no expression, whatsoever.

"You're calling me a hooker?" she asks and I smile.