Day 2

I stretched out of bed to hear the sounds of actual people downstairs. I ran down to see my mother and father stood there making breakfast.

"Mother, father" i squeal as i run up to them, wrapping my arms around them both. They lightly tap my back as they laugh a little.

"Ella you are going to get my dress all dirty" My mother says as she wiped down her dress and i let go apologising.
"So Ella what is the charity work you are doing this summer?" My father asks.

"It's not charity, it's helping sick people" i tell him as he looks at me sternly.
"It's a boy. He's got cancer and hasn't got long left to live so i am helping him on his last days" i add as they look at me shaking their heads a little.

"Poor boy" my mother mutters as she sips her tea.
"This will look excellent on your college applications though so it's for a good cause" My father says which i look at him disgustedly.

How could he say that about someone who was dying. I know that was one of my reasons on why i even volunteered but i also want to help Louis.

"Honey we've got to run" My father yells to my mum as he looks at his phone.
"Breakfast is on the table Ella, Have a good day" My mother whispers as she kisses me lightly on the head and both her and my father head out of the door.

God writing about how stuck up they are makes me so angry.

Day 2 was pottery class which baffled me on why Louis would pick something like this but i didn't question it. I quickly ate my breakfast and headed upstairs. I thought i should dress the part so i put on some blue, baggy jeans and a tight red top to give myself an artsy look. I braided my hair into two, loose french plaits and finally headed to my car.

I was excited to see Louis again today. Yesterday was so much fun and i feel like he will make pottery fun too. The journey to Louis' felt quicker this time as i pulled onto his driveway. I hopped out of my car and knocked on the door eagerly.

"Hey ella" Louis greets me as he closes the door and we walk up to my car. He has the same bag as yesterday with him as he places it in the back and we both hop in.
"No parents today?" i ask curiously.

"No they've gone to my little sisters ballet recital" he tells me.
"Little sister? i didn't know you had a sibling" I say surprised.
"Not just one. Got a brother at college too" he speaks as my face becomes even more shocked.

"How about you. Got any siblings?" he asks me as i start the car engine.
"Yeh i got an older sister. She's a lawyer" i say in a mocking tone.
"what you don't like her?" He asks, questioning my tone.

"No it's not that, it's just my parents expect me to live up to her" i confide in him.
"You are your own person. Not your sister. Don't let her being some fancy lawyer make you feel less worthy" he vocalises to me as i nod smiling. He made me feel slightly better about the situation because his words were always encouraging.

"It's supposed to be me helping you with your shit not the other way round" i respond, giggling a little as he laughs.
"Language Ella, you'll never get into college with that mouth" he adds pointing to my mouth as i laugh along with him.

We finally set off as he rolls the window down and lights a smoke. I stare at him and the road back and forth as he looks at me laughing.
"You want some?" he asks handing me the cig.
It was tempting. He looked so free and careless but i didn't like the thought.

"No i'm good" i tell him as he smiles and looks back out at the window.
"I like the outfit, very artistic" he remarked pointing to my clothes as i blush slightly.
"Thank you, I like the whole tracksuit, very chilled" I mock him slightly as we both laugh.