Chapter Two: Chaos Calls

"We'll get down there, don't worry Medda. We'll have to take Davey though so he can show us the way" Ed promised her standing up he seemed to be pretty fine now.

"Ok, just be careful Ed, protect Davey, and I want yall to bring Caitlin" Mrs. Medda ordered them.

Caitlin was another super who went by the alias Sparkles. She could control magic, was super sassy, and was the daughter of two Irish immigrants who had died when the girl was about eight. Her brother had mostly raised her in the years since.

"Yes, Mrs. Medda" Jack promised.

"You go talk to Davey and I'll get Caitlin," Ed told him as he headed over towards the girl's quarters.

Jack walked down the stairs to find Davey talking to his brother in a hushed tone.

"I'm sure he'll be fine" He heard Davey say as he got closer.

"Jack, I need to talk to you," Davey said in what seemed like an angry tone. 

"Les, run upstairs and stay with Medda while me and your brother deal with some stuff," Jack told the younger brother not wanting to explain the situation.

Les looked to his brother for approval before running back upstairs.

"He isn't still... you know... up there?" Davey asked Jack.

"Nah he's fine now" Jack reassured him.

Davey looked at him confused but decided not to question it too much.

"Me and Les need to go home we can't be here!" Davey blurted desperately.

Jack felt his stomach drop. These are good kids with good families why did they have to get mixed up in all this!? He knew he had to tell him no matters how hard it was.

"Davey we think your family's in trouble!" He closed his eyes as he said it, not wanting to see the look on the kid's face. He had seen enough broken faces in his lifetime.

He opened his eyes as he heard Ed and Caitlin climb down the stairs.

"Yall ready?" Caitlin asked excitedly.

"You guys look like a bunch of Amaranthus" Ed laughed.

Jack rolled his eyes Ed had obviously been spending too much time with Alyssa. Alyssa was another super who had an obsession with plants and could even control them. And would occasionally say stuff like that.

"What's with the glum faces?" Caitlin asked.

"Are you guys stupid or somethin'?" Jack asked.

"I'm sorry I'm concerned for my family!" Davey shouted at the younger teens. "What's going on anyways!?"

"We don't know yet, we just know we need to hurry," Jack told him.

Davey was obviously surprised at the calmness in his voice.

"Come on guys let's goooooo" Caitlin dragged out the last word.

Davey shut his mouth, he obviously wanted to ask more questions but knew Jack was right they needed to hurry. Caitlin grabbed her disguise as she walked out the door, Ed and Jack still had theirs on so they didn't have to worry about it.

"All right Dave show us the way" Cowboy gestured for him to take the lead.

"Can he not just tell me, and I can run over there and get back before yall even take a step?" Racetrack whined.

"Sounds good to me!" Sparkles said as she turned to go back inside, Cowboy grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back.

"It's not too far... Ed was it?" Davey asked.