tik... tok... DEATH! (Part 1 of 2)

It took 6 days to create humans... It took 6 days to reach more than 6 million of followers after she stumbled across one mysterious video in her feed. A week ago 16-years old girl was just an unknown nobody, as she thought, and now she is a social media star. Celebrity. Influencer. You name it. Still thrilled from a sudden success every night she needed to calm down her overexcited mind to be able to sleep. Scared of fresh news about a famous tiktoker's death from overdose caused by sleeping pills and alcohol, girl did not want to repeat his challenge, and instead of drugs her hand picked up the newly arrived comfy earbuds.

60 beats a minute – respected studies suggest that 60 beats a minute is a music rhythm that helps people to fall asleep. Forget about the songs from your on-the-go playlist, choose music without words. Relaxing tunes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Tootle ootle ootle toot... 60 beats per minute range... Tootle ootle ootle toot... Heart rate slows... Breathe in. Breathe out. Heart rate slows... you... fall asleep... Tootle ootle ootle... BOOM!

* * *

"Achilles, one of the greatest mythological heroes

"Achilles, one of the greatest mythological heroes. As your homework, think about his fate. What would you choose? To gain glory and die young, or to live a long but unexceptional mundane life in obscurity?"

More than anything in the life chunky ginger boy loved French fries. Crispy on the surface, soft inside. Covered with a tiny layer of salt that melts on your tongue. Mmm! Fried, salted, and fatty. Served with sugar-laced ketchup or other sauces. Super-unhealthy equals super-tasty – that was the maths of Mr. Potato. Friends called him just Potato. And if he shared a chips with you – you are his closest friend.

"Take a bite! This place has the best fries. I can stop... OM-NOM-NOM!" said ginger potato lover to his skinny classmate stuck in a smartphone. "Hey! I'm talking to you. Are you there?"

"Yep! Ye... Sorry!"

"Still trying to crack the success algorithm?"

"..."

"Hey! Not again!" ginger boy outraged to his best-friend swallowed by phone. "I'm talking to you!"

"Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?" Skinny quoted a line from a famous movie scene and put the smartphone away.

"Whahaha! NOW you are here."

Some called their combo 'Fatboy Slim', but they were more known as 'Potato & Stone'. Nickname of the first and surname of the second.

"So, I guess, if you were Achilles you also would choose fame and glory?" Potato asked.

"I guess... but not sure. War, death, violence. I don't think that's what I would like."

"Give me your hand."

"...?"

"Give me your hand."

"Why?"