chapter 30

D A N C I N G

A notification pops up on my phone and I rush over

Jordan.

I get ready, with the events of earlier trapped in my mind.

His hands on my skin. His lips against my ear. The way he spoke to me with such...

No. Stop. Just forget about it Nirah.

I decided on a short, black dress with two thin straps that tied around my neck.

(i suck at describing clothes. comment if you want the picture. i promise it pretty.)

I got dressed and was finally ready to meet Jordan down stairs after three hours.

I hummed as I excitedly skipped down the stairs.

I got to the bottom and heard knocking at the door. I opened it and saw Jordan looking down at his phone in confusion.

He finally looks up and his jaw drops. He puts his phone in his back pocket before grinning.

I roll my eyes, putting my hands on my hips.

"That smile for me or the house?" I ask and he chuckles.

"You," he whispers and I can't help but smile.

Jordan scans what's visible of the house behind me before looking down at me. He wraps an arm around my waist and I hiccup as he pulls me towards his chest, taking by complete surprise.

"That dress is way too see-through," he whispers in my ear. "We should probably just go to my place instead," he nods, standing up straight. "I'm sure everyone would understand," he grins and I frown.

He winks at me and I immediately recognize what he's doing.

"No," I shake my head. "Silvia wants us there tonight, so we'll go," I say and he puts both hands on my waist. "We could always just leave earlier," I playfully whisper and we both smile.

A throaty sound comes from behind me and my body tenses for a second.

I spin around to find a very unhappy Antonio, yet an oddly satisfied Fernandina.

"Come, Jordan," I dramatically say. "We don't wanna be late," I smile up at him. "Goodbye sir," I tease Antonio. "Mr de Luca? Master? Boss?" I frown to myself. "Hey, Jordan... what would you say sounds most respectful?" I ask and Jordan smiles, looking down. "I think... sir will do," I nod and now I've made him mad.

"Where are you going, Nirah?" he asks and I can hear the irritation in his voice.

"Out," I shrug my right shoulder. "I'm sure Fernandina can keep you busy until them," I show him a closed mouth smile.

"No doubt about that," she winks at me before leaving and heading to the back door.

He opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt him by putting my pointer finger into the air.