Chapter Two: Reunions In Ruins

If Tommy thought he fell asleep in agony, then this new found pain was something so much worse. There was weight on top of him, someone leaning over his frail body in an attempt to complete chest compressions...was he dying? Surely not, he just thought he was a bit tired. That's all it was after all, right? Water filled the boys lungs, he must've been deep within the snow for a while before he was found. Was he drowning? He couldn't tell. He was still so cold, why is he in so much pain? His ribs hurt, they hurt so much.

"Stop, stop, he has no pulse, Boo. It's too late."

A voice cracks through the darkness, layered with concern and heartache. The voice belonged to someone who was very clearly either close to crying or was crying. Words shook with every shallow breath, he sounded familiar, warm. How can someone sound warm? He smelt like flowers and honey, though at the same time he smelt like ash and blood. He stunk of death but smelt of life at the same time. A duality, all bundled up and packaged with love for this boy, the boy with the shaking voice.

"N-No, just.. a few more compressions, please."

This voice was definitely crying, no doubt about it, it was the closest voice to the boys ears. The voice was daunting, a memory of a time beyond the misery. He'd never draw the right conclusions, the tone made his head spin.

Frostbite was catching up to him ever so slowly, he knew it, deep down. He knew his skin would turn to pitch black. Black like the darkest of nights, without beauty and without warmth. No peace, nothing to rely on. He was left in the cold, he was cold.

"Listen to me! We are leaving, now!"

The voice which sounded sickly, the one coated in honey and bees, was furious. But, it wasn't anger coating his tongue in reality. He was sure something was under the surface or the syllables, something buried deep beneath the way he yelled. Almost pleading.

The boy on top of the freezing figure continued with chest compressions for a moment more before collapsing down, gripping Tommy's shirt and wracking with sobs. Pure grief struck his heart, pity, remorse. Oh, how it was such a beautifully horrible sound to hear, he couldn't cope, the voice hurt to listen to.

"P-please..." Tommy begun, coughing up water, "Get off...hurts, please."

The figure immediately slammed itself onto the ground next to the choking figure, obeying the shaky orders of the half drowned boy, the boy who's present but absent at the exact same time. Here but not.

Tommy hurled water up everywhere, snow stuck in his lungs and blood followed with it, where the blood came from wasn't a concern. The agony was the worst of it, he felt as if he was heaving up his guts. Every breath felt as if the world would collapse on top of him, he'd be greeted by the darkness once more.

"Boo...he's...oh Prime."

The voice begun to click in the half conscious child's brain, the familiar shake and the comforting breaths that escaped the figure were so...nostalgic. Nostalgia wracked through his bones nevertheless, fallen to the sins again.

"Tubbo...?" Tommy questioned, another mouthful of blood and water pouring out unwillingly as he turned his head, still on all fours, looking like an animal as his body barely held itself up, he couldn't breathe still. The pain was subsiding don't get him wrong, but it was there, a dull ache. But, an ache alas.

"Tommy? Tommy, what have they done to you?" Tubbo whispered, barely able to push his voice to become just a bit louder, lost for words, stumbling.

Tubbo thought he left Tommy with someone who would look after him, he was gullible, always was.

Now look at Tommy, he was coughing his bodily fluids up, heaving as if he was an old man on cigarettes, he was so malnourished. When was the last time he ate? God knows! No one knows anything! Because he was so reckless, he left his best friend to practically freeze. A lonely death, such a lonely death.