chapter 32

G L A S S

I spent the entire day locked in my room - catching up with mountains of work

Katie understood and was kind enough to bring food up to my room.

I haven't seen Antonio all day today.

I packed all my work away and got ready to take a shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and Silvia called.

"You're still alive," she sighs in relief and I playfully roll my eyes, taking my phone into my bedroom before propping it up.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask and she moves closer to the camera.

"Since you like married the devil and everything. Plus he's so scary when mad," she whispers and I shake my head.

"Will you stop with this devil crap? It's kind of scaring me now."

"It should!" she whispers yells and I grab a sports bra and my pajama shorts.

"If you've called to ask about sleeping with Jordan, you're wasting your time," I roll my eyes as I get dressed. "Because I didn't."

"Are you saving yourself for your little fiance?" she teases with a little grin and I can't help but laugh.

"Shut up," I say turning around to grab my shirt.

"I'd kill for your ass," she sadly smiles and I chuckle.

"Last I checked, yours was way bigger than mine," I give a closed-mouth smile.

We continued our conversations and finally hung up after three hours.

I skipped down the stairs and made my way into the kitchen.

It's oddly quiet.

Maybe because it's past eleven at night, genius.

Right.

I stood on my toes as I looked into the cabinet. Top shelf. Far back.

Seriously?

I sighed, holding onto the countertop as I hopped up. The surface felt slippery underneath my knees but I steadied myself fast.

I reached over and stuck my hand inside, searching for a glass.

Got it.

I grabbed it but my forearm accidentally brushed against two plates, causing them both to shatter on the floor. The loud crash caused me to jolt and I dropped the glass as well.

I slipped, falling backwards, and landed hard on my butt.

My forearm pressed into some glass as I landed.

"Holy shit."

I softly groaned, lifting my arm from the glass to see little pieces stuck into my skin with blood running down my arm.