𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

"I know you aren't happy with me living here with you, but you're the only one who can see me. Your parents can't see me unless I want to" reasons the demon. "Fine...", I agree with him to stay with me.

"But I'm tired, so I should go to sleep," I say and crawl back onto the couch. I close my eyes, and soon I drift away into a dreamless sleep.

I wake up from a lot of noise. Nadia stands in the kitchen, making breakfast without trying to be quiet. I stand up and stretch out. I look around. The demon is gone.

Of course, it was just a dream. Demons don't exist.

"Honey, breakfast!" Shouts Nadia loud enough that it hurts my ears. Dad walks off the stairs and sits by the table. I also go to the sit table. Nadia gives my dad a plate with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. "That smells delicious, sweetheart." My dad kisses Nadia on the cheek
I roll my eyes.

I wish that this is also a dream...

I take some bread and eat it because Nadia didn't like my attitude, so she didn't make breakfast for me. She was the one with the attitude but still...

I take my bag and put some books in it. "Have fun at school, honey," says dad. He is waving at me. I wave back, but glare at Nadia. I hope that just this will be over soon...

I walk to school, it isn't that far. I sigh tiredly. Despite its the school hour, it's quite calm on the street. I start thinking if hiw it will look like, but I have a feeling about it. Hopefully, school isn't that bad.

Suddenly the thought of my dream flashes through my mind.

Travik, no, Travis was his name.

"Travis," I whisper in thought. "Yes, mistress?"

I look up, surprised to see Travis floating in the sky.

What the...

"Did you miss me?" He asks with a big grin on his face. "Uh... well..." Travis flies next to me. "I walk with you," he says, smiling. Not letting me finish my sentence, which im glad for. "I thought you were a dream," I say in all honesty. "Well, ik glad I'm that dreamy..." Travis replies and winks.
.

.

.
I walk into the school. The sky is gray, and a cold breeze flies around the school. The school is a concrete, sad building. There are just a couple of chairs and tables. No trees, green, or even a sign of coziness to be seen. "Wow... This is the most pathetic school I have ever seen, " says Travis and raises  an eye brow. "I agree," I say irritated.

Guess who chose the school for me...

I step in with Travis at my side. I look concerned. "Can't you hide your horns or something?" I ask. "They can't see me," explains Travis. I go to my locker and stuff the books inside. I really can't imagine how I can ever be happy here. "What's that?" I look at Travis, who wises at the device in a boy's hand. "That's a phone," I say. "You humans are scary..."

I chuckle a little. "Yes, that was a smile!" says Travis proud. "I wasn't smiling."

"Yes, you were,"

"No, I wasn't."

The bell rings loudl. I grab my books and I walk to class.
.

.

.
Hours felt like days, and it isn't even over yet. It's just lunch.

I take some food and sit at a table at the window. Travis appears next to me. "So, are there more demons like you?" I ask out of curiosity. "Yes, a lot more. But we barely interact, we're busy enough to safe humanity," he replies briefly.

He can't have a life? That's sad...

I want to say something but suddenly there stands a girl around the same age. She has long blond hair just like Nadia. "Wow, I thought that new girls are pretty, but you definitely are not," she says. I look stunned.

Did I do something wrong?

"Where did you get? The trash?", adds a girl next to her and pionts at my clothing. "Next time if you find clothes, then go to the store except for the container," laughs the first one again.

"I don't think an ugly girl like yourself doesn't have to say anything," says Travis and stands up. "Ah, where did you come from!?" She shouts. The blond looks genuinely startled by Travis sudden appearance. "Apologize." he demands. The demon takes her by her throat and pulls her a couple of feet off the ground.

I begin to panic.

What if Travis kills her? What is my dad going to the day after he finds out?? Will I be kicked off school?

"Apologize before I throw you in the container," he threatens. Everyone in the cafeteria begins to record with their phones or try to find a teacher. I'm frozen, I can't think or do anything. "Im sorry! please put me down," the girl begs. Travis looks at me. "Set her down," I mumble. Travis lets go of her, and she falls on her butt. Then she runs away as far as possible from him.

I take Travis his hand and pull him out of the cafeteria. "What do you think you were doing?" "She was offending you." "Still, don't threaten people," I reply. "Alright," he sighs and crosses his arms. He looks sad and embarrassed on the ground. "...but thanks for standing up for me," I say softly. Travis' smile returns. "No problem, mistress."
"Call me (name)," I say. "Noted."
.

.

.
After a long time of arguing I have finally a room but Nadia is still the bitch she was a couple of days ago. She hates me and wants my dad all for herself. Luckily I have Travis still at my side, he is kind and fun to hang out with. Everything that I hope to have in a friend. Sometimes, he likes to mess with Nadia, though.

She yelled a lot at me, but when my dad was in the house, she acted like the 'sweetest' wife.

It's the middle of the night and I walk to the kitchen because I'm thirsty. I see Travis staring out the window. "Don't you have to sleep?" I ask concerned. "Less thrn humans", says Travis and gives me a reassuring smile. "What are you doing?" "Looking at the stars", he replies and loiks back st the sky with a seriius expression. "There are no stars, the sky is covered in clouds..?"

Travis sighs for a moment. "I know..." He turns to face me, his eyes havr a small glint of sadness. I walk up to him and place my hand on his shoulder. "What's bothering you?" Travis thinks for a moment.

"It's nothing, I just couldn't sleep" he answers. "Alright, but remember that if something bothers you, you can always come to me," I say and go back to my room. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the demon smile. I wonder what he is thinking about...
.

.

.
I hear footsteps running up the stairs. My door flies open. "(Name), come on! We have to leave" Travis states. "Why?", I ask confused and still a bit tired. "Its the middle of the night..." "Because the others are here." "Who are the others?" I ask. "Other demons." He replies. "Strange... I didn't summon any if you think that."

"You don't get it, (name)", says Travis quickly.

"They want to kill you"