The First ᵒ Peace

This chapter contains no sensitive content.

𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐜𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞.

**UNEDITED**

Clouds drifted in the skies, dotting the blue plains and slightly obstructing the pale orb that shone down on the towering spruce trees shading the wide life that inhabited the forests

A young boy ran through the conifer, dodging the barks, dressed in a tunic made of elk pelt and goggles with cracked, filthy glass sat atop his hair; the leather that was used to hold them together was threadbare and torn. His shoulder-length, dark brown locks flowed behind him in a disorderly style, unkempt curls and knots evident with a single glance. A leather pouch rested upon his hips, dangling by the medium-thick, deplorable rope.

He had a sparrow flying by his side as he skidded to a halt in front of the crystal lake, the rays of soft sunlight shining a bright light into the boy's eyes.

A soft laugh escaped his lips as he turned to the flying bird that had taken rest onto his slim shoulders, "Kira, bath time." He spoke in a hoarse and gruff voice despite his small stature, scooping the small avifauna in his hands and dipping it in the shallowest end of the lake.

"Wash, Kira" The sparrow was already busy doing just as the boy had ordered, letting out a low hum which the young person took as annoyance, giggling softly and watching his pet bathe. The boy looked at his own hands; he frowned seeing them mired in dirt and scratches, sticking his own hands in the cool water.

Kira hopped out, shaking her feathers and drying herself by flapping in the winds. He watched happily as he wiped the access water off his hands onto his tunic, reapplying all the grime back. The bird took her place back on his shoulder and he made a small hum.

"Kira, scout." He ordered, the winged animal taking off eastward, he followed her at a reasonable pace, settling into a steady jog behind the bird as they set off to a new location.

It had been a considerable amount of time since they had started traveling, the nameless child now settled into a slow-paced walk and the sparrow flew slowly above him. He skipped, hopped, and jumped. Occasionally stopping to scrutinize the odd rock or stick his hand in a hollow, sometimes with a nest, sometimes empty.

His hazel apertures gleamed at all the unfamiliar trees, curiosity and innocence brimming from his large oculars. "Kira!" He called out, the small woodland creature quickly found her way to his rotator, preening her feathers and watching the boy test his different tools against the bark of trees.

It was a joyous sight, one that even smaller animals such as squirrels and raccoons had found interest in. They all examined his actions as he used sharp stones from his tattered pouch, carving wood chunks he toiled away tirelessly to obtain.

Kira flew up to his head, attempting to preen him but his thick and matted barnet wouldn't even let her beak get anywhere. Swiftly giving up, she flew to the hollow of the injured tree and started to preen herself as the boy laid out all his stones, the sun beaming on both with a warm embrace. It was like a father to the forest, its heated hands enveloping the place gently, making sure everything was in order.

A black squirrel had plucked its bravery, approaching the human. It sniffed around the child as he paid no attention to it, solely focused on the task at hand; to carve Kira's face. It headbutted him, his gaze finally shifting from the wood chunk to the mammal. He carefully reached out a hand, fully aware of the wild dogs he'd seen go mad from squirrel bites.

It didn't move, its tail twitching every few seconds as normal. His calloused hand had finally been placed atop the melanistic animal, rubbing it slowly and carefully. The boy wasted no time returning his digits to the sharp rock, making etches and scratches into the wood.

The squirrel pushed his arms, snuggling in the lap of the skinny child.

"Hmm.. your name... Tree. We are at tree." He spoke, putting down all his tools and petting the duo's new friend, Kira made a few disapproving whistles, or what the young person perceived it to be. Another squirrel looked at them from behind a tree, his line of sight caught sight of it as it dashed back up a tree.

He was able to follow its body, it was a red squirrel ogling at Tree, whom was settled in his lap. Though a child's attention never stayed too long in one place, he picked back up his half-carved wood whilst the smaller body decided to take a nap.

Even his concentration on such a task was difficult and with both animals sleeping, the sun warming all three gently, it was no wonder he started to give in to the peace-filled feeling.

This was a place he wanted to live in.

It was a place he never wanted to leave.

Kira awoke and landed atop his head only to fall back in slumber, comfortable in the thick locks of hair. The child with no name smiled, he smiled and leaned his head back carefully.

A child with nothing to hold on to but the bird he adored and the forest he called home. The father of the forest lulled the human boy gently into the realm of unconsciousness with its caring, inviting warmth and protection.

How a day like that should never end...

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗜 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗜 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀. 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹?

𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻