A. Ashengrotto |Birthday Wish|

Inspired by Azul's Birthday Voiceline

Luck was something Azul hated, but it was the only thing he could hold onto. No matter how much he calculated every possibility and prepared for any outcome, it was never on his side.

He considered himself unlucky for being born with a chubby, ink-spewing sluggish body, and being the target of bullying. He was unlucky to have his parents separated at a young age. He was unlucky to deal with another hindrance despite planning on taking the old Ramshackle dorm to be the next branch of Mostro Lounge since his first year.

Yet, he doesn't mind. There was some instance for which he was still thankful.

His past may still haunt him, but his busy schedule wouldn't allow him to wallow in self-pity anymore. His stepfather showed him the ways around any tricky contracts and rules. And the recent "unlucky event" as he calls it...

"You'll celebrate with me next year as well, won't you?" He chuckled as soon as the prefect smiled an immediate "Of course, I will!" made his heart beat faster than he expected.

Who knew, the only magicless human to ever enter the prestigious NIght Raven College as a student would hold a special place in his heart. The only one he felt where he does not need to hide his octopus form.

"Please don't forget that promise," he replied, taking the gift from their hands.

"Oya, I've been searching for you, but it is unexpected to find you here, Azul," Jade's smooth voice broke the silence.

"It has been a year, hasn't it?"

"Perhaps." Both returned to observe the old Ramshackle dorm. "Blowing a candle is rather befitting to make a wish rather than looking at old piles of woods."

"I'm not making a wish," he replied. "I'm waiting for someone who should fulfill their part of the promise."

If he could, he would make a deal with destiny. If he could, he would find a way for Y/N to return home, but also has a way to come back to Twisted Wonderland. To NRC. To him.

Luck was something Azul hated, but it was the only thing he could hold onto. No matter how much he calculated every possibility and prepared for any outcome, it was never on his side.