CHAPTER #2<||THE LOST BOND||>

=Enjoy!=

  The groundbridge sent me several clicks from where Cliffjumper found a large energon reading, out on a unused road far from the town ofJasper. 

  Arcee stood there in her motorcycle form, "Should I even bother to ask?" 

  I rolled my optics with a groan, "No, you shouldn't. Let's just go." 

  My body shifted and transformed into a white, black, and blue Lamborghini SC20.^^^

  "I'm surprised you haven't changed your look after being stuck in a lab for three years." Pointed out Acree. 

  "Ha ha," I replied sarcastically, "Can we get back to the mission please?" 

  "Okay, Okay, I'm sorry I asked. I actually caught a faint  signal a few clicks away. Might be a fake but it's worth checking out." 

  "On it," I put metal to the pedal. 

  Arcee called after me, "Slow down! There's no need to rush." 

  I stopped, "Fine...I'll—." 

  ':Acree...about that backup...:' Cliffjumpers voice interrupts.

  'Shoot!' I instinctively sped to Cliffjumpers location, leaving arcee behind. 'NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, Cliff! Why Cliff? Why does it always have to be you?!'

  There's still so much I want to know...

  As I got closer I decided to com him just to make sure he was okay, ":Cliff?! What's your status? Cliff!:" 

  ':Easy there, fire cracker. The cons are back. Too bad. They'll be running once you get here," he joked. 

  ":This is no time for messing around! If you don't make it...I'll never forgive you:" 

  ':Whether I make it or not, you need to remember to—BOOM! *static*:'

  Panic rose in my processor like a whirlwind as I stopped and transformed. I slid down into the energon site. 'Smoke...The Nemesis... Decepticons...Energon...Gone...No Cliffjumper...No Energon...Explosion...There's nothing...'

  I stumbled to my knees. 

  '...left.'

  I took that time to throw back by head and scream my vocal chords out as I watched the Nemesis fly away, no doubt Cliffjumper taken with them. 

  I felt it. All of it. The bond Cliffjumper and I shared was shattered to a million unfixable pieces. I've never felt anything louder. 

  I looked down as something shiny caught my optics. It was a piece of Cliff's horn. 

  "Cliff..." I whispered, my voice full of grief, "This...this is all my fault..." 

  I began to shake uncontrollably while I brought the object to my spark, hugging the horn with all my might. If I had stopped them from going. If I had caught them leaving...we'd all be there and standing victorious against the Decepticons. The was no words to explain what all I've been through with Cliff. Now that he's gone I'm back to that frightened sparkling he found all those eons ago. 

  I herd a groundbridge, I didn't bother to look...

  I herd voices, I didn't bother to listen...

  I herd ped-steps coming behind me, I didn't bother to turn around...

  "Onyx?" Arcee's confused voice sounded behind me. "What happened? Is Cliffju—?" 

  "Cliff's dead," I spat to the ground. "Want proof?" 

  I held up Cliff's broken horn. 

  Arcee gasped, "No..." 

  Heavy weight of Optimus' ped as he took a step forward, "Ratchet, can you track his position?" 

  The medic hummed and nodded in response while checking his energon tracker on our lost teammate. 

  There was quiet beeping before it stopped providing my news even more. 

  "Cliffjumper's signal.." Ratchet informed us, "Just went off line..."

  There was hesitant silence. 'They are all looking at me. Full of hate, confusion, and negativity towards me...'

  "Say what you want. There's no better way to say it than I was all my fault." I told them, still holding the horn limply in my servo. 

  "What are you talking about, Onyx?" Asked Bulkhead. "Even if you did make it you wouldn't have—." 

  "Yes, I could have! Cliff was the only one who knew what I was capable of. Bumblebee and I are basically the same age but you're all afraid I'm going to get hurt? Bumblebee had to risk his voice box on Cybertron! Ratchet didn't give up on him! Does Cliff not matter? You're already deciding he's gone just because of a sudden disappearance of his energon signature? The Nemesis cloaks their signals! Why call ourselves Autobots if we pick who should be saved and who doesn't?" My words stung them, especially Optimus. I could tell as bright as day. 

  "Even if Cliffjumper is alive...it would take time to track their ship. By them we won't be positive if he could have lived that long," Optimus informed me. 

  With my free servo I dug my digits into the soil. 

  "Although this is the reality...I'm not going to stop looking either, Onyx. I would know more than anyone than to ignore this," arcee spoke for the first time since the news of Cliff being offline. 

  "None of you understand. I knew Cliffjumper longer than anyone. Ever since he saved me all those Eons ago he was always there teaching me how to survive. Then came Prime's signal to earth and everything changed. No one to talk to. No missions allowed. And today...I've decided I'm the expendable one no one cares about. I've made peace with it and there's NOTHING any of you can do to change that fact." I stood up and walked passed them, tossing the horn to arcee. "I'll be in my berthroom. Be free to do the funeral without me." 

  I set the coordinates to base and Bridged myself into my room, deleting the coordinates once the bridge closed behind me. 

~Here's chapter two! I honestly don't think I did so well on this one. I'm still trying to figure out how I want my oc's personality to be. If this continues to get reads...there's no reason not to stop writing. Thank you!~

~Proverbs 3:5-6=Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not in your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.~

~V.A.C~