Chapter 3: Initiation

While sleeping, Adam has a rough night due to nightmares "You were meant to lead us, instead you became a coward!" shouted Blake "I believed in you, I trusted in you," said Ilia "Hypocritical traitor, you will pay for your betrayl," says his lieutenant, it then showed Beacon burning surrounded by grim and Blake walking towards him "Look what your coward ways did, your selfishness has cost you," she says, Adam tries crawling away "And you say I'm the one who always runs away, have you really fallen so far?" Blake glares into his eyes as she razed her sword above Adam's head and brought it down on him. Adam woke up sweating with his eye going wide, he looked around as the nightmare visions faded away, Adam started breathing normally "I'm sorry Blake, I promise to make things right," he whispers as he puts his hand on his forhead, calming himself down. When he was fine, he went back to sleep but the rest of the night passed slowly.

Adam woke up earlier than most of the other students, he went and had a shower, got dressed and went to eat food. While he ate his food, Rogue walked up to him "Hey," he said, Adam nodded at him while eating his food, he was wearing his black hood from the first day "I saw you having a bad night," Adam looked at Rouge in the eyes "You know, you can talk to me if anything's wrong," Adam looked down and sighed "I'm sorry, it was something of my past, I don't really want to tell you," Rouge walked closer and sat down next to him "Is it because I'm human?" Adam was shocked "You know I'm a Faunus?" "Yep, why else would you always be hiding behind your hood," replied Rouge, Adam sighed looked away "Look, I understand that you don't trust us, and after seeing what my race does to yours, I wouldn't blame you. But not all humans are like that, I grew up in a family where we adopted a young fox faunus so I don't really care if your a faunus or human," Adam was surpised "Maybe your right. Wanna join me here," he said, Rouge smiled "Gladly."

Adam retrieved his weapons from his locker where he witnessed Weiss talking with a red haired girl and Jaune trying to flirt with her, Adam facepalmed and walked up to Jaune who just got pinned to the locker "I'm sorry, I hope you find what your looking for Jaune," said the red haired girl, as she walked away "Hey, word of advice don't try falling for the Schnee," said Adam "She's not that bad, she just needs to warm up a bit to me," replied Jaune "Having some trouble, Lady killer," said Yang as she and Ruby walked up to Jaune "He tried hitting on the Schnee," said Adam "Oof, I don't think Ice Queen was a good start," "Ughhh, where did I go wrong, my Mom always told that girls always look for confidence," said Jaune "Well, as I said Jaune, don't try too hard, it'll end badly for you," said Adam as he walked away.

Adam and the other students were now standing at the cliff, Adam noticed that Jaune and Ruby seemed nervous "For years you have trained to become warriors and today your abilities will be evaluated in the emerald forest," said Ozpin "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumours about the assignment of teams, well alow us to put and end to your sonfusion, each of you will be given teammates, today," said Glynda "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at beacon, so it is in your best intrest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well," said Ozpin as Ruby continued to get more nervous "That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years," "What!," exclaimed Ruby in shock 'Crap, this is a higher chance I'll be with the Schnee' thought Adam "See,  I told you," said a ginger girl "After you've partnered up, make your way to the northen end of the forest, you will meet opposition along the way, do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path or you will die," continued Ozpin, Adam smirked "Atleast it's not a stealth mission," he muttered "You will be monitered and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene, you will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path, containing several relics, each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff, we will guard that item as well your standings and grade you appropiately, are there any questions?" "Yeah um, sir," started Jaune but was interupted by Ozpin "Good, now take your positions," Adam and teh others got into position while Jaune asked "Uh sir, I've got a question, so this landing strategy thing, what is it? Is it like dropping us off or something," "No, you will be falling," as Adam and another student blasted off.