Scream Surge Starts

Thunderous claps of lighting threatened to burst her eardrum as she was startled out of her sleep. Her soft gasp jerked her body as she sat up, her migraine weighing down on her as her eyes threatened to shut. Her arms seemed to drag behind her as her attempts of trying to come to a standstill in her mind and body failed with every ounce of energy left. With the help of the salty wetness pouring down her skin, her rigid strands of purple hair now stuck to her face as she tried to steady her erratic breaths for fresh, unpolluted air.

Now, as her pants were drenched from the blood that came from her vagina, Zarya Moonwolf, the girl who had disappeared from her village and was taken as prisoner, along with many others, by the meanest, filthiest sky to sail the seven skies, was ceased from all movement as chains were wrapped around her arms and legs. Hearing the moans and groans of agony from other tormented prisoners, Zarya couldn't help but allow more tears to shed from her eyelids in hopes of escaping from her capturer's clutches.

Or, at least from the chains that bound her arms at the moment.

Now being snapped out of her thoughts by the gentle tap on the shoulder, Zarya turned to stare into the darkness on instinct as she gasped softly. Not being able to see the face of the voice clearly due to the blanket of pitch darkness that covered the cabin, Zarya tried her best to bring her throbbing head to a calm state of mind as she tried to think of who could be talking to her at this very moment.

"Zarya? You okay, girl? Your pants feel soaked." Now feeling a bit more at ease, Zarya could now match the voice to that of Raine Woodsprite, a pirate whom she had befriended when she was first captured by Captain Kaos. Zarya couldn't begin to express the number of times this girl had saved her from nearly being murdered by Captain Kaos whenever the pirate seemed to be in a fit of rate. Raine's scars had always seemed to multiply every time she defended Zarya, and the purple-haired girl couldn't express her gratitude in any other form than that of a gentle, friendly squeeze.

Now feeling a bit more at ease, Zarya's mind could now cease its running thoughts as her lips parted to speak. "Yeah," she hiccupped, the ringing in her ears making her head throb as she whimpered. "No. I'm on my period, and I feel like he might hurt me when he sees me drenched, and I don't know what to do!" As her whimpers turned into quiet sobs of desperation, Zarya opened her eyes to feel Raine caressing her cheek, her strained and blurred vision leaving her to feel discombobulated as she tried her best to focus on the girl's soothing tone.

"Hey. It's alright. Don't do this whole crying thing with me, you're Zarya Moonwolf," Raine whispered.

Zarya forced a laugh, "I don't feel like Zarya Moonwolf. I'm starting to think I left her to die at the village."

"That can't be true," Raine said, a sly smirk on her face as she continued. "Kitty Boon would be pretty pissed off if she couldn't find Zarya Moonwolf."

Zarya's softened face turned into an expression of confusion as she furrowed her eyebrows, "Where is she, by the way?" she questioned, clutching her stomach as she groaned softly from the pain.

"Outside. She might be..." Raine halted in her speech as a booming cry sounded from outside the cabin door. A look of fear washed over her face as she turned to the purple-haired twelve-year-old. Zarya herself seemed panicked as she looked between Raine and the door, possibilities of what could be taking place on the ship's main floorboard sending chills down her spine.

"Shit," Raine muttered softly as she sighed, seeming to mentally prepare herself for whatever traumatic event that could be taking place just outside the door. "If I don't come back, tell Kitty that I always thought she was a piece of shit." She looked at her fellow prisoners. "Don't make a sound. And try not to display your fear to Captain Kaos. Especially you, Zarya." With that, Raine turned to open the door, the floorboard creaking underneath her feet due to the weight of her body. As Zarya's sharp breaths escaped her parted lips, her teeth shattered softly as the feeling of utter terror began to rush over her once more.