Chapter 11

Pretty weird to say but my day was almost normal. No alien invasion, no Avengers top-secret reunion, no fight, well basically no problems. It was just me, my music and a paper. I used to love drawing but with all the latest dramas I haven't drawn in a while.

Melina was out of town doing groceries, which meant I'm alone for the day. Living on a farm can be fun but when it comes to buying basic pasta it becomes less funny. I took that opportunity to recreate my bubble. I put headphones on and started doodling on a piece of paper, I started drawing the view from my room, lilacs, trees, an old building, pigs obviously and quickly I remembered why I enjoyed drawing so much. In real life I have no control, I just try to survive; when I'm drawing I have control over every single detail and if I make a mistake I can erase it and redo it. Two hours have passed and I still haven't moved. It's almost dark outside and I didn't realise Melina was back. She softly tapped my shoulder, usually, I would have gone all widow mode and pinned her down but I was feeling safe here so I reacted like a normal person, I was startled.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to scare you" she said chuckling with her hands on her mouth

"It's alright I didn't realise you were back"

She noticed my earphones and pointed at them "what are you listening to?"

I unplugged the earphones and pressed play, when the first lyrics came I saw a beautiful smile lights up her face.
"You know this song ?" She asked

"Obviously mom used to listen to it all the time, she said it was her favourite person's song. Never knew who it was though"

She sat down next to me "It was Yelena." She looked deep into my eyes.

"Melina what's going on you're kinda scaring me right now."

"Nothing I was just thinking how much you're the perfect mix between them"
She looked down at my drawing "Did you draw that?"

"That's nothing I just needed a peaceful time"

"It's awesome you're a very talented girl"

"Thank you"

She jumped from her seat "Oh come on I had a surprise for you, it's in the kitchen"

"You didn't have to do anything for me I'm the one who should prepare your surprise"

"Come on follow me miss Bonheur"

I was confused when she said the last part and she definitely saw it

"Bonheur, like the French painter Rosa Bonheur, she was known for her paintings of animals, I thought you would know her, you seemed to know a lot about French culture" she had a smirk on her face, she playfully took me by the shoulders, put her hands on my eyes and dragged me to the kitchen.
I could recognised some really good smells. She took her hands off my eyes and said "surprise". I discovered a very cute table with candles and food. In the centre, there were fifteen little cakes with one candle in each. I turned to Melina to ask what all that was about.

"I never could have celebrated one of your birthdays so I decided to celebrate them all at once"

"Why fifteen cakes then ?"

"You told me once that your life really started when Natasha found so I figured we should celebrate that"

The fact that she remembered that detail was probably the cutest thing ever. I turned back to hug her "Thank you that's the nicest thing someone ever did to me, I'm so lucky to have you"

"I'm the lucky one here, shall we eat before it gets cold ?"

We sat face to face, she lit up fifteen candles and asked me to make a wish. I closed my eyes and realised I had nothing to wish for. I had everything I could dream about, the only missing thing was my mom but I know she's with me somehow. I smiled and blew the candles.

"What did you wish for ?" She asked me while removing the candles from the cakes

"I won't tell you or it won't come true"

"I never thought you'd be of the superstitious kind"

"We all have our defaults" I laughed. She handed me a cupcake. I cut the bottom part and press it on the top of the frosting. Melina looked at me like an alien.

"What's the thing about my eyes today? Did I forget to do one eyeliner? Because in this case that's mean of you didn't tell me that earlier!"

"What? No nothing's wrong with your eyes it's the way you eat your cupcake"

"How do you eat yours ?" I asked, raising one eyebrow. She took one of the cupcakes and bit into it. "Like a normal person" she explained

"But your nose is full of frosting, if you eat them like that your nose would be clean and you won't be all sticky after" I took a bite of my cupcake to show her

"But where's the fun? Having frosting on your face is the whole point of eating a cupcake" I saw her dip her finger in one of the remaining cupcake's frosting

"No don't do that" I warned her

"Oh I will definitely do that" she stood up and came closer to me. I tried to escape but she already trapped me in a tight hug. I tried to discourage her but it was pointless with all the laughs. Finally, she put her finger on my nose and spread out the colourful frosting all over my face then let me go.

I stood up and walked in her direction. She took a few steps back but this time I trapped her into a tight hug "why should I be the only one with a sticky face ?" I asked before kissing her on the cheek several times to spread frosting on her face as well.

"Your mom never taught you not to play with food?" She asked laughingly

"No she was too busy saving the world I must have skipped this information" I answered by copying her smile. She chuckled and opened her arms to hug me once again, she placed her hand on the back of my head, and I sighed.

"What?" She asked me

"I'll have to wash my hair again" she laughed at my answer.

She took something out of her pocket and gave it to me. It was a little red box, it looked old.

"Open it" she tilted her head.

I did it and saw a necklace with two circles intertwined, one black and one white. The black one was bigger than the other.

"It was your mom's, Yelena gave it to her when they were kids. She said it was representing them."

I smiled and sighed "the black and the white widow".

"Well when she was eight it was more about the colour of their hair and the size of the circles but yeah I guess it makes sense now" she chuckled and took it out to the box to hang the necklace around my neck

"I love it thank you Melina"

"You're welcome kiddo" she placed a kiss on my forehead.