Chapter 12

"Dearly beloved and departed...we are gathered here today to join this man and this corpse in marriage." Selena smiled setting the wine and glass on the table.

"Erik?" Maddie whispers noticing his nervous face.

"Living first." Selena said waving her hand to Erik as he smiles.

"With this hand...I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty...for I will be your wine." Erik recited looking at Maddie and softly nodding.

"Now you." Selena said looking at Maddie.

"With this hand...I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty. For I will be...I will be..." Maddie mumbled.

"Go on, my dear." Selena said softly as she poured the wine into a cup for Erik.

"Your cup...will never empty...for I will be...I will be your wine." Maddie said before looking behind Erik and gasping to herself as she sees Pippa, standing with another man.

"Oh, how touching. I always cry at weddings. Our young lovers are together at last. Surely now they can live happily ever after." Matthew clapped as Pippa chuckled darkly.

"But you forget...he is supposed to be mine! I'll not leave here empty-handed!" Pippa yelled in outrage holding a sword to Erik's throat as Maddie's eyes widen.

"You?" Maddie whispers looking at Matthew in shock and fear, taking a step back as Erik gives her a concerned look.

"Maddie?" Matthew said like he's seen a ghost he and Pippa taking a step back.

"You!" Maddie yelled in rage taking a step forward.

"But... But... I left you." Matthew whispered in fear.

"For dead." Maddie whispered in anger causing Erik and the others to gasp in rage as well.

"This woman is delusional!" Matthew yelled as Maddie glared stepping forward but stopped seeing Pippa put the sword closer.

"Sorry to cut things short, but we must be on our way." Matthew smiled going to turn around but was cut off.

"Take your hands off my husband." Maddie hisses stepping forward.

"Do I have to kill him too?" Matthew rose a brow as Pippa smiled darkly stabbing Erik as the crowd yells.

"Erik!" Maddie yelled before growling and walking towards Pippa.

(Imagine an epic fight scene)

Suddenly Matthew trips Maddie from behind as she falls and Pippa goes to stab Maddie.

The crowd gasps as Erik smiles, pulling the sword out of his stomach and points it at Pippa's chest.

"Touché, my dear." Pippa smiled widely.

"Get out." Maddie growled getting up and pushing Matthew to her side.

"Oh, we're leaving. But first a toast." Matthew and Pippa walked around Maddie and Erik and grabbed the wine glass.

"To Maddie. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride." Matthew giggled as Maddie glared.

"Tell me, my dear...can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?" Pippa asked as Erik looked away, Maddie grabbing his hand.

"Let me at them! Let me at them!" Rae yelled but was held back.

"No, don't hold me back." Rae hissed as Selena held her back.

"Wait. We must abide by their rules. We are amongst the living." Selena sighed.

"Well said." Matthew nodded drinking the wine, handing it to Pippa, before they both start choking.

"Not anymore." Peggy smiled widely.

"You're right. Their all yours." Selena said as the dead pushed the duo into a closet where screams of fear are heard.

"New arrival." Fred whispered before closing the door.

"Oh, Erik, I'm so sorry this happened to you, oh dear there must be a way to turn you back." Maddie said running up and looking through Selena's book.

"Wait. Maddie it's alright, I want to marry you." Erik giggles grabbing Maddie's hand.

"Are- Are you sure my love?" Maddie mumbled grabbing Erik's hands as he nodded.

Erik teared up nodding and hugged his friend now wife, who gently hugged back before nodding to her husband.

Maddie and Erik walked down the end of the walkway, opening the doors and looking at the moon.

Maddie sighs as Erik starts smiling before they both begin glowing and turning into a swarm of blue butterflies and flying into the night and back home to the land of the dead.