Chapter 25: Another Lecture

I woke to my pillow moving from the vibrations of my phone. Frowning, I reached for my cell and brought it close to my face.

Dad's calling me...

For a brief moment, I panicked until I remembered that it was my day off from work, and that I had taken care of responding to the emails for my Dad's carpentry website the night before so I could sleep in.

What does he want?

It was only seven thirty in the morning. Mom had asked for permission to look after Oliver until one in the afternoon, so unless there was an emergency, there wasn't a rush to go pick up my son.

I looked at the bed and realized I was alone. Amber had already gotten up and left for work, while Salvador went to sleep on the couch so he could rest without being disturbed.

My face glowed when I remembered what we had done the night before. Amber had ridden Salvador's cock while I had sat on his face. He had licked and fingered my second pair of lips while my girlfriend and I kissed and played with each other's breasts...

I glanced at my ringing phone once more and sighed before swiping the answer button aside and bringing it to my ear.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked while suppressing a yawn.

"Shy, your sister quit the band."

"I know."

There was a brief pause.

I knew what was coming next. It wouldn't be my father if he didn't try to have a say in what I had decided to do.

"Shy, you can't travel with a married man, you know that's sinful."

This is just an extension of Clare and I's conversation...

"I'm staying in the band," I said, my voice firm. "It's fun to play the violin and make songs with my friends."

"Shy," he began, his voice that stern pastoral one he pulled out whenever he wanted to dissuade me from something. "I've been on many business trips. I know the temptations of sleeping with someone else's spouse. Make sure you're not alone with someone you're attracted to. Don't cave to your feelings."

I almost broke out into laughter, but thought better of it.

You have no idea that I'm dating two people at the same time. You probably couldn't even comprehend that as an option.

I stayed silent and rolled my eyes towards the ceiling.

It's a good thing you can't see the faces I'm making.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes, Dad."

Another silence ensued.

"Are you going to stop playing music?"

Anger welled up within my chest. Once again, my family thought they could just bulldoze over my decisions and force me to submit to them. I was tired of playing that game. I was tired of letting them rule over me.

"No, I'm staying in the band whether Clare is there or not."

I hung up the phone before he could say anything else. My Father wouldn't take no for an answer. He would keep throwing different scenarios at me to try and convince me to change my mind until I finally caved and quit the band.

I wasn't going to let that happen.

I've broken away from Steven. It's time to break away from my family.