Chapter 1

Tom was shivering and feeling hot, looking absolutely horrible. He couldn't stop blowing his nose and coughing a lot as he was definitely getting sick with this cold going around. Zawe saw him like this and placed a cold compress on his forehead. "Tom, you should stay home right now. I've already called in to take care of you." She told him.

"Zawe, you shouldn't have to." He answered, his voice all nasally and his nose being congested. Tom also knew his body was aching like crazy and he couldn't stop breathing a lot due to his cold in the way.

"But I want to be there for you. We both agreed to do so. Remember that?" Zawe reminded him. He then remembered how when she moved in with him, they agreed to a few things and one of them is to take care of each other at all times.

Especially if they were sick or if one of them was. Zawe went to make Tom some soup and while she was doing so, he felt tired and rolled in his left side. That afternoon, Tom was still sleeping. Zawe quietly shook his arm. He woke up and was greeted by the smell of the soup. He wrapped himself with his blanket and held his stomach, groaning in pain as it was hurting like hell right now.

"Babe, try to relax and let me feed you." Zawe softly said.

"I think I can do it." He grumbled, which doesn't usually happen where he gets mad at her. Though, she did provoke him really badly once after moving in with him. That terrified Zawe deeply as she's never seen Tom be this way. He calmed down and apologized to her. That's when they both agreed to some things, including the sick part.

"Sure." She shrugged, allowing him to eat his soup. Tom took a deep breath, trying not to cough and placed both hands on the bowl and took a sip. He sipped another that lead to another. Zawe placed her hand on his forehead and knew he was still burning up.

Once Tom finished his soup, he was that tired. He drank some orange juice which had this strange taste to it as he took another sip of it. "This tastes bitter." He scrunched his nose from disgust.

"It's probably because I couldn't find the one you like." Zawe assured him.

"Ughhhh." He rolled his eyes, going back to their bed and went to sleep there. He was that tired and wanted to rest. He barely could keep his eyes open and when he did, he felt dizzy and it made his head hurt. He was given ibuprofen and it somewhat helped, emphasis on helped.

"Darling, try to relax and rest. I know you can't do so but I am asking for one little thing." Zawe softly said, holding Tom's hand. He barely could form any words as he felt this sudden headache again. He blacked out not long after.

Tom regained consciousness not long after and was still in his bed. He mouthed the words thank god, knowing he's lucky he didn't need to see a doctor about his current sickness. He felt Zawe holding his hand and she kissed him softly. "Zawe, w-what are you doing?" He asked her.

"Go back to sleep, Tom. I'll make you some tea later." She softly said, allowing him to sleep. Tom proceeded to fall asleep and when he did, he accidentally fell from the bed, waking up suddenly. Zawe came back right away. "Tom, are you okay?" She asked, surprised to a thud.

"Yeah. I think so." He answered, extending his arm and he then winced in pain, muttering expletives. "Okay, I think I am certain I just popped a muscle. Fucking great." He rolled his eyes.

"I've seen worse." Zawe pointed out.

"Not helping!" Tom exclaimed, coughing again.

"Sorry. Just go to sleep or at least read a book until I get the tea." She said and he went back to bed. He grabbed his book and began reading it, turning to the page he currently at. 5 days later, he was feeling much better. He went out to get two cups of coffee. He came back and found Zawe sick like him.

"Honey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"What does it look like?" She sighed, rolling her eyes at him. He placed his hand on her forehead and knew she had a cold just like him.

"Zawe, I got us two cups of coffee. But since you're sick, I can get rid of yours." Tom told her.

"Don't. I'll have it, no need to worry about me." Zawe smiled and hugged him, stroking his hair.