༺ 2 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝑌 / 𝑁
━━━━

"You're being ridiculous!" Pieck frowns, opening the bag with the croissant.

"No way will I ever work with that guy again!" I protest.

"Think about how much exposure you'll get! And you're not working with him! It's a show about love, so you'd be there to find your future husband! Eren wouldn't be a problem. Think of him as being one step closer to finding the right guy since he's the wrong one!" she says, taking a large bite of her food, crumbs falling everywhere.

"How do you and Porco do it?" I sigh.

"Do what? I hate him," she says, immediately sticking her tongue out.

I look at her sideways. "Is all you know how to do? Lie?"

"Have you forgotten what my profession is? I create fake scenarios every other day. Sometimes I imagine Porco as my celebrity crush and it makes things more exciting!" For as long as I've known Pieck, she's been in love with Porco but hates admitting it.

"Pieck," I frown. "Porco is your celebrity crush! He's literally an actor!"

"Can you stop raining on my parade? Now, going back to your situation..." she's about to continue her sentence but then trails off. I stare at her patiently, waiting for her to finish.

"Hello?" I ask, waving my hand in front of her face.

"I already confirmed your appearance on the show," she says all in one breath.

"Pieck," I growl. "Tell me you're lying."

"Okay, I'll tell you I'm lying," she says, a sweat bead forming at the side of her head. "Since you say all I do is lie..."

I rub my temples in frustration. "Shit," I curse. "Can you call them back and tell them you made a mistake?"

She stares at me blankly.

"Pieck!"

"You're flying out tomorrow morning..."

"What?"

"L-listen, I'd love to chat more about it, but I have to meet with Por—I mean, my publisher! I love you! Bye!" she shouts, grabbing her keys and running out the door before I have a chance to chase after her.

"You've got to be kidding me," I scream, throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

The front door handle turns and I'm immediately on high alert. However, Pieck's jet-black hair comes into view accompanied by a smile.

"I forgot my croissant," she says, snatching it off of the table and running back outside. "Don't forget to pack your things before you leave! Have fun!"