༺ 18 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝑌 / 𝑁
━━━━

Historia insisted that everyone meet her at 8 am this morning to discuss "important business." I was sure she was going to tell us which one of our men she was trying to pursue and to be quite frank, it wasn't a conversation I was keen on hearing. Sasha had to drag me out of bed and force me to go.

Once everyone gathers around the pool, with a slight smile, Historia greets everyone. "Hey, girls, I think I'm going to leave the island."

The abrupt news has left everyone's mouths hanging open. No one has the courage to speak, but eventually, the stillness is broken.

"What?" Sasha screams. "But you've only just arrived. You haven't really gotten a chance to talk to everyone!"

She hums and smiles while glancing at her dainty fingers. "Mmm...I know that, but I have to be true to myself. I only came on here for a distraction."

"Distraction from what?" Mikasa asks.

"Not what," she whispers. "Who."

"Why are you being so dramatic?" Jackie frowns. "Just tell us what the issue is."

"Maybe you should go home too," Annie snaps.

As Jackie turns to scowl at Annie, her orange hair nearly hits me in the face. "What did you say?"

One of the newest arrivals, Maya, quickly side-eyed the pair before urging the petite blonde to resume her story. "Please continue, Historia. What's bothering you?"

Although I haven't had the opportunity to speak with Maya just yet, she gives off the impression of a soft-spoken, kind person who's easily irritable. She hasn't really spoken with many of the guys, so I'm not sure what her intentions are, but that's a conversation for later. 

Historia nods and inhales deeply before speaking. "There's someone back home that I can't get off my mind."

"I knew it!" Sasha yips. "Connie and I felt like there was something you were hiding! You have a man back home in Sweden!"

"Erm, Finland," she says with a soft chuckle. "And actually, it's a woman. Her name is Ymir and she's actually my bodyguard."

"Huh?" all of us gasp in unison.

"I think I've read a book like that somewhere," Jackie chuckles. 

"Mhm mhm," Sasha nods. "Classic princess and bodyguard trope."

"So why did you come here?" I ask. "Did you two get into a fight?"

"Well, I'm actually not supposed to be here. Princesses aren't supposed to leave the palace, let alone the country, for reasons like a reality show, so I had to submit fictitious documents. Back home the people refer to me as Princess Christa, but only a few people know my real name is Historia. But that's beside the point. Per the laws of our nation, Ymir has to serve in the national army for six months. Despite my best efforts to exempt her from the rule, my father said she was no exception. So in retaliation, I came here to get away from everything. But I can't be apart from her any longer. I need to go back home and see her." A small tear treads down her pearly white skin and I can't help but feel bad for her.