Chapter 4

A kiss.

You weren't expecting this, but it was a very pleasant surprise. Smith's lips felt uncertain until the end as if they were examining your reaction. Only when you slowly put your hands on his shoulders and brought him closer, adhering to him with almost your whole body, he did allow himself more. Maybe it wasn't a crazy cinematic kiss that makes you gasp. It was definitely too much cautious, especially on Smith's part, but you didn't mind.

You smiled as he moved slightly away from you so that he could see your face and the reactions painted on it. He smiled too.

'I see you're not mad at me, Miss (Y/LN)?'

'Quite the contrary, Mr. Smith.' You smiled even wider. 'Now, how did you do it?' You pointed to the flower trees around you.

He shrugged his shoulders 'A common anomaly in nature ...'

'Don't give me that rubbish, I know you have something to do with this.'

'Miss (Y/LN), couldn't you just enjoy the view instead of asking questions that I won't answer anyway?'

'Okay, okay ...,' you moved closer again. 'Will I get another kiss then?'

Smith nodded, grinning. This time he kissed you much more intensely, hugging you tightly. Oh yeah, you liked it. Your mind galloped like crazy, and you imagined what else he could do, and how much more pleasure it would give you. You smiled broadly at these thoughts, which Smith noticed. He stopped kissing you and, watching you closely, asked, 'Did something amuse you, Miss (Y/LN)?'

'Rather please,' you murmured. 'But let's not get ahead of the facts. Come on, let's take a look at these beautiful flowers again.' You grabbed his hand and dragged him to the nearest tree.

***

When you finally decided to go back to the car, it was getting dark. While it was still quite light in the clearing, when you entered the forest, you could hardly see the path. Smith, however, seemed to see perfectly well, for he was guiding you rather briskly and without hesitation. Soon you got to the car. You curled up in the passenger seat and stared up at the salmon-orange sky outside the window.

'Miss (Y/LN), are you okay? You're so quiet ...'

'It's okay, Smithy. I just admire the view.'

'View?'

'Well, this beautiful sunset that spreads before our eyes.' You specify.

'Please forgive me, but I may not be as sensitive to beauty as other people.'

You looked at him closely. 'And yet you conjured up such wonderful flowers ...'

Stopping at the traffic lights Smith looked at you, and his hand went to your face. He brushed a strand of hair out of your eyes, the tips of his fingers brushing your ear. 'You're cold, miss (Y/LN).' He said, as usual in such moments, changed the subject and turned up the heating.

'Maybe a little ...' you admitted, only then realizing that in fact you hardly feel your ears or nose. You must have looked like Rudolph, but somehow you didn't care too much.

'When we get home, I will have to insist you take a hot shower and have a cup or two of warming tea.'

'I do not intend to object, if only you prepare this tea ...'

He smiled to himself. 'I don't want to impose myself, Miss (Y/LN).'

'Yeah, yeah... of course'