chapter 34

O F F D A Y S

"I never go down on women

"I never go down on women. Ever," he emphasizes and my heart flutters in my chest. "Don't ever get jealous again," he says and I slowly nod. "Good," he gives me a little forehead kiss.

There's a knock at the door and as soon as Antonio tells them to come inside I hop off of his desk, hiding behind him and he smiles.

"I'm sorry to bother you, sir but there's someone here for you," Cesar says and there's a pause. "Hello miss Nirah," he says and my body tenses.

I simply poke my hand out from behind Antonio, waving at him and I hear Antonio chuckle. "Hi Cesar," I softly say.

I rest my forehead against his back, feeling embarrassed.

"Who is it?" Antonio asks and there's silence for a brief moment.

"The Lawson brothers," Cesar answers and Antonio sighs.

"I'll be down in a minute," he says and after a few seconds the door closes and I fall back onto his chair, covering my face with both hands.

I hear him turn around and I peak at him through my fingers.

He's leaning against his desk with the most mischievous grin while his arms are crossed.

"Something wrong?" he asks and I shoot up onto my feet.

"Yes, somethings wrong," I say with an obvious tone. "What if he," I pause, inching closer to Antonio. "Heard what just happened?" I whisper fearfully and I kid you not, this man starts smiling. "It's really not something you should be smiling about!"

He pulls me towards him by my waist and I sigh.

"My office is soundproof, tesoro," he says and I could have sworn thousands of pounds got lifted off of my shoulders.

"Why's your office soundproof?" I ask putting my hands on my hips.

"Are you getting jealous?" he asks and my eyes grow wide.

I drop my arms and smile.

"No. Just curious," I say through my teeth.

"Good," he says and rubs circles on my waist with his thumb. "I really value my privacy that's all," he says and I nod.

"Privacy with woman," I playfully narrow my eyes whilst slowly nodding. "Mm," I tease.

"Nirah Joy Valentino," he says and I pull away from him.

"Not jealous," I try to run around his desk but he stands up and grabs my arm.

He tugs me towards him and kisses me.

I've never gotten butterflies before.

I smile into the kiss, slowly pulling away.

"You have a visitor and I have to get to bed," I walk over to the door. "Goodnight," I smile, blowing him the most dramatic kiss before swiftly turning and opening the door. I walk out, making sure no one sees me.