Chapter 2

Arjun's POV

Drrrnnngggg.... Drrrrnngggg was ringing the alarm and right in this moment,I hated it and wanted to thrash it to the ground.I slowly open my eyes to see what time it is and when I do so,My head spins so hard that I moan in pain and press my head.The Aftereffects,I think to myself and a wave of guilt and regret washes over me.I somehow manage to see the time and my eyes bug out when I read the time.

It's 7:15 in the morning and I am in bed with a hangover when I should have been on the ground 2 hours prior.I swallow the guilt and rush out of bed only to feel dizzy after the first step.I am still struggling to stand when I hear someone knocking the door of my room.I think I know who it is and I don't know how to face the person on the other side of the door in the state that I am in and in this current moment,I feel hopeless.utterly, ridiculously hopeless and regretful.I shouldn't have done what I did yesterday.Hell,I shouldn't have done whatever I have been doing these days.I take a breath and drag myself to open the door and then I see the face of the man standing right infront of me as expected.

It's Nishank Bhaiya(Brother)
Nishank Rai,
The captain of our squad,
Captain of the Indian Cricket Team and the very man who takes blame for all that I do wrong in cricket.
Nishank Bhaiya stands with a newspaper in his hand and a frown on his handsome face.I slide open the door fully and say,"Please get in Bhaiya" and he does.He softly closes the door behind him and looks at me and I feel shameless standing before him like that. After a second or so,he says"Go use the washroom Arjun,and here,take this pill.It will help with the hangover",he hands me a pill and I simply nod before gulping it down and heading to the washroom.

After a few minutes when I return from washroom,I see bhaiya seating in one the two chairs in my room and he gestures me to take the other one.I go sit with my head bent low because no,I don't have the courage nor position to look him the eye.He smiles,"Come on Arjun,look up" he commands and I oblige.He smiles some more and says,"You don't have to feel guilty for yesterday,brother.We all have bad days remember?"and I just nod but no bhaiya,You have bad days and I,the Arjun Sen sitting right infront you,has bad weeks,months even and put you and the team in all the bad situations,I say to myself.As if reading my mind,bhaiya shakes his head and continues,"Arjun,having bad days or a bad phase doesn't mean we are unworthy of what we aspire to be."I am listening when my focus shifts to the newspaper in bhaiya's hand,"What is in it bhaiya?" I ask and he hesitatingly hands me the paper and what I read is just my thoughts manifesting out into reality.