Chapter 3.

All Rights Reserved.
© Xouliana_2022.

"
A wildflower untended to,
Dreams of being a rose.

For roses look pretty,
And who doesn't love pretty?
No one.

So who doesn't love roses?
No one.

Scented with sepals looking like glitter;
The morning dew waits for it's awakening,
then gently douses it.

Amplifying the perfection that it is,
and drawing in willing tenders.

Tenders who scorn the simple wild flower
and who stamp on it in hopes it'll damper.

Tenders who make the wildflower
wish it were a roseflower.

jaded_ink•

--------------------------

Chapter 3 - Wildflower.

13:00
Dream Corps' Reception Area.

If you turned around at this exact moment, you'd notice a pretty, fuming lady with cheeks puffed up in an equally puffy skirt which looked as bristled as it's owner.

She'd look comedic and you'd be tempted to tell her so, till you noticed her wet eyes - slightly red - and her trembling lips.

You'd notice the huge scarf attached to a duffel bag she'd wrung in her fingers and the murderous look in her eyes.

All so contrasting… so very, ironic. Probably more metaphorically dashing than her outfit.

And you'd turn right back to whatever it was you were doing, for her body language spoke a hundred different tongues, and they all translated  the same thing to all approaching humans;

Back. Off.

                                  ____________

10:00
Dream Corps Interview Session

Walking into that office had to be one of the most arduous tasks I have ever had the misfortune of being assigned.

Honest!

I feel like I've used up ten years of my ancestors courage which had the misfortune of being bestowed on me as it's sole recipient.

Being an only child was supposed to have it's perks but it seems like I accidentally tapped the sham of a courage button instead of the perky aspects'.

A fallacious reality I have built for myself, but it works for me - and that's what's important. Right?

A short and crisp 'ding' from a long way off shook me out of my reverie and into the present which seemed to be my left foot about to pass through the door designated for the interviews and-

I froze.

A countless things could go wrong and I'm more than aware of them. I could trip, whether on my own feet or on my words, but both would be disastrous to me today.

Dream Corps. has been the one dream I have taken with me from childhood till the present.

The name also sorta, resonates with what I thought of it - so yeah, my dream? Dream Corps.

This time it took a really loud and undisguised 'fake cough' to get me out of my head space, and while it embarrassed me; I was grateful.

Hurriedly adjusting my skirt, my shirt and my sca-

God damnit, I shoulda taken off this damned scarf!

I quickly shrugged the scarf off and stuffed it into my bag mercilessly.

If it had a conscious, I'd be dead or listening to it cuss me out for centuries to come.

Thinking this made me laugh and helped ease my slight anxiety, and with the newfound enthusiasm, my smile became more real.

I was just about to walk into the room when someone else walked out.

There was no sense of familiarity nor any of that stuff the novels describe that drew me to this person…

Nothing.

But her dressing and that oddly disturbing look on her face.

Ah yes, it was a female. She had a look I'd seen one too many times and while I was hoping I was wrong, I was instantly on defense mode with no motivation to let down my guard.

I looked within and noticed that contrary to my expectations, only one person was situated to do the interview.

Coal-black eyes clashed with mine the minute I stepped in and I inwardly cringed from the lecherous gaze I saw in them - confirming my thoughts on what had transpired before I came in.

Maybe I could still get out of here. And no sooner had I thought this did the door behind me slam shut behind me, halting my retreat and steeling my resolve.

I can get through this.

Hell! I will get through this.

✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎

Double update!!!

Because I'm an awesome soul.

…humble too.

Anywho, imma keep updating as much as possible. No schedule has been created and this is all sporadic.

Exams are around the corner, so it's not exactly possible.

Thanks so much for still reading this book… whoever is reading it. ಥ‿

Shout-out to my besties because I love her(s?)
ChocolateLoverbint and Thez-star.
I love y'all.🖤