✧1✧

I had been woken up from my blissful nap from the sound of my blaring ringtone. Regaining my composure, I opened my eyes, grabbing my shaking device that was sat on the right side of my bedside table. Unfortunately, my brain was scattered to understand what was reality in that moment, as the sun hadn't risen making it impossible for me to see through the horrid darkness.

I closed my eyes at the bright light from my phone, identifying the caller ID.

JJ.

"Big bro?" My voice grunted out, a tone of tiredness within it.

"Hi Rubes.." His voice being overly joyful, followed by a long pause, "I got a question."

It wasn't rare of JJ to call me at this hour, but I couldn't say I enjoyed it at all. I was his adopted sister, therefore I spent most of my teenage years picking him up from college parties, watching him get into fights because someone had pointed out rudely that I was white whilst he was black, making us not "siblings".

"What Jide?" I asked annoyed, my eyes closed, hoping that he would take a hint and cut the call so I could go back to the dream I was in, before it was rudely interrupted.

"You sound tired man" His voice blared in my ear, and I mentally rolled my eyes at him. Of course I was tired, it was bloody three in the morning.

The line went silent for a while, I didn't respond and was on the brim of falling back to bed. And then I heard his voice, and muttering in the background. He was definitely with his friends at a pub.

"Would you like to go to Mykonos--I mean I will force you to come with me but consent before I kidnap you, you know?" JJ interrupted, not even waiting for my response but I couldn't give him one. I started choking at the question, it was all too extravagant and I hadn't seen any of his friends in years. The last I had seen them, I was an underage alcoholic that caked her face with makeup, and was a bitch to absolutely everyone. "Rubes..?" He calls, "you good baby?".

No.

"Yes," I mumble, turning on my bedside light and sitting up straight to help my arising chest pain. "When are you going?", the line had gone silent again as if he was contemplating to give the answer.

"Today."

I started choking again, hearing laughing in the background from his side of the phone call. "Ten in the morning sharp, or I'll drag you."

I quickly cut the call, gulping water down from the bottle that sat on my bedside table. "Fucking hell." I threw my phone on the nightstand, and got out of my bed proceeding to open my closet, not even thinking about what had just happened.