half-cockroach or not, you're beautiful

Akane lies in bed, glasses on the counter beside him, his face red, his body shaking despite the three layers of blankets weighing him down. Every once in a while, he falls into a coughing fit, rasping for air. He stares at his phone, eyes squinted, and fumbles for his messages. Swallowing his pride, he opens up Teru's contact and writes -

come over please, am sick

The three dots appear shortly after.

okay omw

Akane blinks, surprised at the quick response, before placing the phone back on the counter. A few moments later, there is a knock, followed by the creaky opening and closing of the rusty door.

Teru enters the house, a bowl of soup from Kou as his offering. He removes his shoes, placing them near the door, before walking to Akane, giving him the soup.

Upon noticing his condition, he fills a large bucket with ice water and returns with it to Akane's bed. He soaks a towel in it with surprising care, squeezing it for the water to drip back down in the bucket. The dampened towel is placed on Akane's burning forehead, and the red slightly leaves his face.

"Thanks, Kaichou...

"This isn't like you, though."

At this, Teru's eyes quirk up in surprise at Akane's weak voice, but his trademark smirk pulls at the corner of his lips.

"What, are you insinuating that I am incapable of taking care of you, my dear vice president?"

Akane nods.

"Should I leave, Aoi-kun~"

Akane shakes his head, grabbing on to Teru's wrist as the blonde fakes walking away. "Don't go..." he mumbles.

Teru looks back at his vice president's pitiful expression, and a blush dusts the tips of his ears. How cute, he thinks, sitting back down at the boy's side, gently ruffling his reddish-brown hair. Akane scooches closer to Teru, and Teru gently squishes the boy's cheeks, chuckling softly as Akane's expression shifts to irritation, his eyes opening slightly to look at Teru.

"Shtop," he grumbles through squished cheeks, and Teru laughs out loud.

"You're so cute, you know that, A-o-i-kun?"

"Hmmph..."

"Go rest now. I know you're tired."

Akane nodded, resting his head against Teru's hands, rubbing it against the blonde's callused palm. Teru felt his whole face gently phase to pink, and he placed his head in front of the brunette's. Teru looked at Akane's coffee-brown eyelashes, the faint smile on his gorgeous face.

Half-cockroach or not, you're beautiful.

Teru's smile melted off his face.

But you'll never see me in the way I see you.

You'll never find me as the most beautiful person in the world.