Chapter 5: Clarity

The next morning Felix reluctantly woke up, and noticed he was in his bed. He didn't remember falling asleep. The next thing he noticed was his how his head was pulsing painfully, making him groan. He stood up carefully, not wanting to agitate his head even more. Stepping around the mess of petals that are still scattered around his bedroom, he opened his door, the strong smell of fresh bacon hit his nose, as well as the loud sound of plates clinking. His eyes widened, as he walked down the stairs, now able to see his mother who was standing in the kitchen humming quietly as she cooked. Still in shock, he waddled up to the counter and hopped onto one of the bar stools, tilting his head in confusion.

"Mom? You're...you're home?"

His mom turned and smiled at him, her brown hair falling into her face before she reached up, pushing it out of the way.

"Mhm. I missed my little Lixie. We haven't hung out in a while."

"But...don't you have work?"

"I took the day off, figured nothing is as important as family."

Felix smiled as the plate of food was placed in front of him. Break fast consisted mostly of his mom telling him stories of silly patients or crazy stories she had from the ER. Felix hadn't realized how much he missed his mom until now, so he happily engaged in conversation with her. Or at least until her questions got a little too...personal.

"So, any cute boys that've caught your eye?"

Felix choked on his bacon, quickly covering his mouth and muttering an apology.

"U-Uhm...Well. One."

"Oh? Whose the lucky fellow who won my son's heart?"

Felix could feel the tears beginning to form alread. He just wanted to sick into the floor.

"He's...not worth it."

"What do you mean, Lix?"

"I mean he's not worth it. I can't look at him without wanting to burst out crying, and feeling my heart break bit by bit whenever he's around. He can't hold a conversation with me without getting angry at nothing, or something I can't control and taking it out on me by degrading me and calling me names. Mom, what do I do? My heart is aching and begging for him but I know that it's not good..I-I just wanna melt into the ground half to the time."

He was looking down, shame filling his heart as his mother gently laid her hand on his shoulder.

"Oh Lixie...Tell you wha--"

Ding dong.

"I'll get it mom, it's okay, keep eating."

Felix gave her a sad smile, as he stood up, walking toward the front door. Honestly, he knows his luck hasn't exactly been the best lately, so why did it surprise him so much when he saw the figure standing in front of him on his front porch? He couldn't tell you. He was too busy biting back the sob that threatened to escape his throat, because standing in front of him was none other than -you guessed it- Lee fucking Minho. If Felix wasn't head over heels for this man already, he would have punched him in the face.

"W-what do you need, Minho..?"

"That's hyung, to you. And I came to see you."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I missed you."

"You-- Y'know what, never mind."

"Can I come in?"

"I--"

"Lixie, love? Whose at the door?"

Minho raised an eyebrow, looking over Felix's shoulder and towards the unknown woman.

"Whose that, Lix?"

"Just...a friend."

"Oh, well hello. Would you like to come in?"

Minho smiled, nodding. Felix moved out of the way allowing him inside. Minho took a seat on the couch, as instructed by his mother, and Felix awkwardly sat next to him as his mom left to go fetch drinks.

"You're too quiet."

"Well, I don't have much to say.."

"You could apologize."

Felix looked up at Minho with wide, confused eyes.

"A-apologize? You came into my house acting all romantic and crap with the flowers, messed with my things, degraded me and made me feel like shit, then said I didn't deserve to cry, then stormed out. So lemme ask again, you want ME to apologize!?"

"You talk too much."

"You...are impossible."

"You like me anyways?"

Felix felt his entire world stop, and come crashing down right then and there.

He was fucked.