4: Darkness

"Ge! Ge!" Yibo desperately banged against Zhan's bedroom door.

The older woke up in a heartbeat, heart pounding, and run to his Didi in full swing. He opened the door for the little boy and Yibo stumbled into his arms, the trembling body seemed so fragile in Zhan's embrace.

"Bo-di what's wrong?" Raw panic was in Zhan's voice. He could hear the silent sniffles of the young man on his chest, the wet patches it leaves, and Yibo's remarkable state of fear.

"It's dark! The lights turned off and it wouldn't turn back on!" Yibo breathlessly explained tightening his grip around Zhan's slim waist.

Just then, two strong lightning bolts followed by thunderous rumble erupted from the sky. Zhan heard Yibo's gasp, a muffle of a scream the young one tried to contain.

Determined, the older pulled Yibo up his waist and cradle his pup. "The typhoon seemed to have come, Didi. Maybe it caused the power interruption too. It will be better in a moment."

"It's d-dark, Ge..." The little Master choked out, one of his secrets unleashed. Yibo was embarassed but too frightened to go back to his room on his own. He has always been frightened by darkness and the lurking mystery of the unGodly hours. He never goes to dark places nor sleep without a lamp on. So, when he woke up without any source of light, fuelled by adrenaline of sudden terror, he dashed to Zhan's room which was the closest to his own.

As if Zhan has heard Yibo's prayers, the older hummed in his ears and walked back to lay Yibo onto his bed. "Then this Gege will stay with you tonight, my Little Prince."

Yibo quietly agreed but remained awake in the haze of fear that Zhan will leave the moment he closed his eyes and a ghost will take its chance and drag his limbs. Thinking of these, Yibo clutched Zhan's sleeve more, unable to let go.

"Sleep, Bo-di. Gege will stay with you, I promise." Zhan gently patted Yibo's mane and soon started humming a hymn Yibo hasn't heard anywhere before but sounds too good and makes him feel at ease. Not long, the younger's drumming heart beats slowed down and his anxiety vanished as if it had never been there.

"Goodnight, my Little Prince." Yibo hazily heard Zhan's whisper before his consciousness completely succumbed into a dreamless sleep.

---------
A/N:

Yay or Nay?

16-Apr-2022