KAI

A/N He is risen! Happy Easter! I hope you have a good holiday. God bless! 

Kai had no idea how Cole seemed so well put together. Did he not see the chaos surrounding them? Zane was on the fritz. Jay attempted to pass on his Elemental Powers and passed out. And they were stuck behind the bars of a pitch-black prison. All the while an evil clan was about to crack the secret of dragon transformation. Yet Cole was as laidback as ever, sprouting his belief that Nya and Lloyd were going to save them. Kai believed that the rest of the team was going to save them. But that didn't stop him from freaking out!

Zane rebooted before Jay woke up. He still had messed-up memories, which meant that Zane continued to guard their prison. All the while proclaiming that he was 'on their side' and that 'this was temporary'.

At Kai's request, Zane scanned Jay for injuries. Eyre, the mysterious prison woman, insisted that Jay passing out was a normal reaction to losing Elemental Powers. But Kai saw Chen steal Elemental Powers from Masters. No one passed out. Not even Jay.

Eyre also tried to get Cole and Kai to give up their Powers. Which was an easy 'no' for both of them. Kai didn't see why Jay had to give up his. The team was going to save him, he didn't need to panic and throw away his one-in-a-million ability.

Nya was going to be livid with Jay when she finds out. Did Jay have a working brain cell? Maybe don't do the thing that will ruin your life.

Zane confirmed the fact that Jay was fine. And then Cole pointed out that Jay was likely exhausted from his adventure thus far. And that caused him to pass out.

Jay regained consciousness a few hours after he passed out. All he cared about after coming to was if he passed on his Powers. Being stuck in a vengestone prison meant there wasn't a way to test if Jay's Elemental Powers had disappeared. This caused Jay a lot of stress. Stress that wouldn't exist if he didn't toss his Elemental Powers away the first chance he got.

The next morning, Soren arrived and took Jay away. It wasn't even half an hour later when they heard footsteps approaching again.

"That's peculiar," Zane said, "The transformation should've taken longer."

It was Soren again. And he was without Jay.

"Where's Jay?" Kai said.

"Safe. Chief Moses is benevolent, even to snakes," Soren said, "Now, Master of Ice-"

"My name is Zane," Zane interrupted.

"My apologies, friend. Zane, could you help me escort the ninja?"

"Where are we going?" Cole said.

"To the laboratory," Soren said, "We figured out your little trick."

Kai, in any other circumstance, would've taken the time to blame Jay. But he was too scared to make a comment to Cole. Scared for Jay. And for the fact that the Dragon Clan finally got their hands on dragons.

The worst part: Kai was helpless to do anything.

Kai, Cole, Zane, and Soren returned to the surface. The Compound was busy.

Kai and Cole got their first look at the Experimental Room. It was as shabby as Jay described. A child was patiently sitting in a chair. She looked nervous like she was trying her best not to cry. She had wire from a machine attached to her.

A man crossed the room to inspect Kai and Cole. He pointed to Kai.

"Try him first. Bring the Master of Earth to the Observational Room. And Brother, I've decided what to do with Jay," he said. Kai snapped his attention over to the man. He was the one making decisions. Was this the Chief?