Somebody To You 💔🧡

Plot: Y/n questions if she was ever somebody to JJ...

word count: 1036

warning(s): minor cussing, unedited work

"J! Are you even listening to me?" I screeched at him as he pulled at his hair. "Of course I am y/n! I've been hearing you scream in my face for 3 hours straight!" He shouted back as I scoffed.

"No I didn't do that, stop exaggerating! You're just constantly making me seem like a bad person!" I complained as he threw his hands in the air. "Fine! Then you win, alright?! It's so tiring to talk to you sometimes!" He huffed as I rolled my eyes.

"I am not tiring to talk to, you're just being difficult and disrespectful!" I yelled as he folded his arms. "No, you are tiring to talk to. We've been at each other's throats for hours! I just don't understand what your problem is!" JJ replied as I bit my lip.

"Oh my fucking god JJ. For the last time, stop trying to pin this on me fully! Don't act like you don't have a fault in this!" I shouted as he shrugged. "Fine, whatever! I hate you so much!" JJ pointed at me as I scoffed sarcastically.

"Sure, when have you ever loved me?" I asked him, voice minimising to a croak. "No y/n, I didn't mean it like that-" JJ tried to comfort me once he realised he had gone overboard but it was too late.

"Have you ever loved me just once? Or was I just someone to keep you company when you were bored? Huh?!" I lashed out at him as I felt tears at the brink of slipping down my cheeks. Somehow this conversation hurted more than I expected it to. "I have y/n! Why can't you just believe me?!" He groaned in frustration.

"Oh, you have? What can I say? I'm surprised!" I raised my voice again as he stormed to the kitchen and grabbed a random flower vase decoration, smashing it into the ground as it shattered into a million pieces.

"JJ-" My breath hitched as he widened his eyes, realising what he did. "Oh no, oh my god. Am I-" He stopped dead in his tracks as he tried to process everything that he just did. "I'm so sorry y/n, I-I just... I let anger take over me. I'm sorry" JJ went into a mental breakdown mode as I felt my heart ache for him. But I couldn't falter again, not anymore. It wasn't the first time this had happened.

"It's okay" I gulped coldly as he sighed and walked closer to me. "No y/n, I'm really sorry. Can we please reconcile?" JJ asked politely as I backed up from him. "No JJ, this isn't the first time that this has happened. Everytime you apologise after our fights, it'll just naturally happen again. If so, what is the point of apologising? Wouldn't that be the same as keeping empty promises?" I asked him as he blinked for a few seconds.

"Wait... what are you trying to say?" JJ asked as I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Let's break up" I let out a small mumble, just loud enough for JJ to hear. I knew that if I had continued, my voice would falter and my lips would quiver. Tears would start to fall. And I couldn't stand to break JJ's heart, as much as we fought, he deserved happiness at all cost.

"W-What? Why? Y/n, please! I love you! I always have! I can't do this without you, please give me a chance!" JJ begged as I took a deep breath as I felt a tear drop down my cheek.

"Let me ask you, have you really always loved me?" I asked JJ as he nodded. "Did I even mean anything to you? Was I even somebody to you? Or just some chick like any others you can find on the street?" I asked again as he shook his head.

"No, what the fuck?! Of course not! You're y/n, the one and only in Outer Banks. Y/n, why are you asking these questions? You should know how I am as a person since a long time ago, we were friends since 3!" JJ exclaimed as I shrugged.

"I don't know why I'm asking this, JJ. I just feel like you've changed. Perhaps for the worst, or perhaps for the better. But I just wanted to say, what about Jess? She had been the centre of our arguments for the longest time. Are you gonna say you have not loved her once?" I asked him as he paused.

"Well, I did like Jess for a short period of time, but that doesn't represent anything!" He argued as I scoffed. "That does mean something JJ! You liked her while we were together! I just felt like I wasn't important enough to you, and you've always had other priorities! If you're gonna ask me when, let me tell you now. It was when you kept on postponing our dates and cuddle sessions for your various other activities, it was like I was the last on your whole list! God, I don't even know what's on the list" I bombarded him as he nodded defeatedly.

"Fine, if that's how you see it. Sure, I'll let you go. You'll have your peace and freedom back, no more arguments" JJ mumbled softly as I saw tears flowing out of his now bloodshot eyes. I rushed to my room and slammed the door shut as I slid against the door, balling my eyes out. I still loved JJ, I probably never will stop.

But just for now, maybe we didn't need each other. Maybe we just needed to separate from each other and try out independent lives. After all, we would reunite if we were meant to be with each other. For now, we had to focus on improving ourselves for future relationships with others, because let's be honest. No one's perfect. As much as everybody deserves their happiness, it can't be one-sided. Who knows? Maybe after all leaving JJ will be for the better.