five

chapter five:' rescue '

chapter five:
' rescue '

November 10th x784

"I want to go home, Astro," Himari spoke, her voice quiet and sore from her lack of water. things had taken a turn for the worse after multiple failed attempts to leave her childhood friend's home.

that final place he wanted to show her was the basement, where multiple holding cells were located. she had been there ever since that day.

Astro bent down to her level, a clad of steel bars separating the two, "you're not safe out there. I can't have you leaving me again, Mari"

the red haired girl cringed at the name. she hated when he called her that. only her real family could call her that. only Natsu could use it.

"i've been gone for so long, I miss them. please let me go back to them," she begged, clutching right onto the bars with her head hung low.

Astro used to be a kind and gentle man. he cared for her and treated her well. she never expected him to lock her away. she was only supposed to be there for two weeks...she couldn't understand why he had kept her here for 6 months.

"you belong to me, Mari. until you accept that I can't let you free. you'll run away again"

Himari slammed her fist against the bars, "I am not yours! why are you doing this to me?!" she cried out, tears falling down her cheeks once again.

Astro opened the door to her cell and went to her, wrapping his arms around her from behind, "because I love you, Mari. I did it to bring you back home to me"

Himari tried to push him away but he just tightened his grip around her, "don't touch me! let me go!" she cried into him, her weak state doing no justice to free her. so she stopped fighting and laid in his arms, "I hate you"

Astro chuckled, "you said that a lot when we fought as children"

"we're not kids anymore," she sniffled, "you can't just force me to stay. I hate you for hurting me like this"

"i'm not trying to hurt you," he said, resting his head upon hers, "I want to keep you safe. you're not safe without me"

"I was perfectly fine without you for five years. I survived on my own"

"but you weren't on your own..." Astro traced her white Fairy Tail guild mark that rested just below her right collarbone, "you had those fairies with you the entire time"