◻Chapter 08◻✔️

Silent sirens

Maybe it's me who is knotted. But I do leave hints for you to trace me.
~SUSPICIONS.
__________________⚫___________________

"Human emotions are complex enough to be understood and modified."

Arghrm! Okay.

"One should constantly observe the emotions, the mirror of the chain of thoughts to be eloquent on the patient's psychological behavior."

Alrighty! This chapter is gonna do no good.

She shuffled the pages to the front and ran her finger down the text. Her trotting eyes spelled the complex words for her bitten lips to digest.

"Gosh! Why is this so raw?" She pushed the book away over the top of the cuboid wooden table.

She cupped her forehead as her elbows slid over the scattered papers and spherical paperweights that had portrayed the sailing watercraft in its glass walls. Akin to the collapsed bee caught amidst the whips of winds, she winced at everything around.

"Ah! Why is this day so nasty?"

She sighed at the faint morning lights breaking through the slits of the green wooden shutters at the grey-painted walls.

Maybe this book isn't the one.

She stood up from the grey seat of the tripod wooden chair. As she neared the endless racks stacked with every possible book on psychology, her scooting eyes landed on a phrase stuck on a holder.

"Books of the light show no dark."

Now we hear about the psychology of books. Silly wow!

Her brows flinched as odd as the statement looked to her. She kept reading it again and again. Her eyes fixated on imbibing every word.

If the light doesn't answer, it's the dark I must hunt then.

A wispy thought made her hurry to the computer, standing in static sleep mode. She shook the mouse enough to wake the system only to look at the white thumbprint wallpaper with a pointer blinking under the boring grey 'password' tab.

Now, what would this be?

Her bitten lips tucked in some air. When she trudged her nails over the keys, she saw oily prints in the gaps of the letter 'K'.

Why is this key too sunk? Oh, wait- What if it's related to the password?

She concluded while her nails raced to the other keys to check for the prints. Yet again, her thoughts widened when the same depression could be seen in the letter 'T' and some numbers.

"Yet what would-"

Tac. Tac. Tik.

Lost in her thoughts, she accidentally tapped on three keys which stood half stuck to the place while the depressed 'K' popped up.

Oh, wise old board! You made my job easier.

She took a transparent pen and grabbed a sheet to write down.

Hunt for the depressed keys! Depressed keys!

Her mind kept singing it as she wrote everything down.

"K, T, 0, 5, 8, 1?"

Poking the back of the pen on the sheet, she kept thinking as her other hand curled her stray strands.